WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHow can I copy a documrnt thats in jpeg into notepad? EmptyHow can I copy a documrnt thats in jpeg into notepad?

more_horiz
If I'm in the wrong place please tell me and I'll post there.
I have a lot of documents that are on sheets of paper,( regarding probating a will) The problem is they do not have the space to enter everything that is required. If I could somehow get the documents to notepad I could add a few lines and then print them ..These are not copyrighted docs,just government docs that you cant get on line ,they mail them to you. If I scan or photograph them I cant alter them .There must be a way to put these into note pad or somewhere I can change a few things . Other wise I have to re-type each page in notepad then print them. Theres a lot of pages and typing..
Can someone help?
Oh yeah I have only a normal pc ,no office software or things like that.

descriptionHow can I copy a documrnt thats in jpeg into notepad? EmptyRe: How can I copy a documrnt thats in jpeg into notepad?

more_horiz
There is an option of your scanner which recognize words and everything on your paper. So you won't get only picture, it should be a DOC file for Word or any other text editing software. Check your CD/DVD which you get with scanner and you'll find a software for property use of scanner.

This link might be interesting to you :
http://lifehacker.com/#!342828/scan-images-to-text-in-microsoft-word

............................................................................................

How can I copy a documrnt thats in jpeg into notepad? V45u80

descriptionHow can I copy a documrnt thats in jpeg into notepad? EmptyRe: How can I copy a documrnt thats in jpeg into notepad?

more_horiz
Thanks for the info ,that will save a lot of typing..

more_horiz
Since I dont have "word " on my pc I went searching for a scanner that would send things in note pad .After phoning Staples toll free thech line they said the canon CanoScan LiDE 110 would do the trick,I googled it and found detailed instructions ( after finding a few that were not to detailed) This scanner will even take a page out of a book and convert it into notepad for editing ,plus several other things I wasnt interested in . I bought it for $69.95 cn ,and am going to be hooking it up today.. Having 100 + pages to be typed aqnd edited ,this is great ..

more_horiz
You can download OpenOffice or LibreOffice for free then scan them to a pdf format and edit them. Smile...

http://www.openoffice.org

http://www.libreoffice.org/download

OpenOffice requires the pdf important extension.

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/pdfimport

These are both full featured office suites compatible with Microsoft Office for free with no strings attached. Smile... Personally I prefer/use LibreOffice. 😉

more_horiz
Well this ais a sad day , after bvuying a canon canoscan libe 110 which was suposed to scan into notepad for editing,the canon rep tells me I need to download more software "Simple OCR" , so I did . It tells you to scan , but you cant edit . Why are these hech guys at canon not able to tell me how this thing works I wonder ? I downloaded "open office ,and libre " they are pretty much identical,and neither one edits pfg files into print form..The scanner guy sent his last message saying the scanner would only copy simple text ,so I scanned a 3 line recipe for making hamburger patties.. It scaned it ok but it wont go into note pad .. It scanned it into a tiff image . And notepad opens it in a million little squares, wordpad has the ocasional letter ,but the rest is rando digits ..
Somewhere in the world someone besides me has the need to take pages and scan them into a pc so they can at least type in the answers to the questions . Especially since we dont have typewritters anymore ..
Help!!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum