WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionRecovery Partition appears to be empty EmptyRecovery Partition appears to be empty

more_horiz
Hi. I have been using Windows Vista Home Basic(×32) for the past 2 years. Recently, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate(×64).

I have 2 partitions on my computer, Drives C & D. Drive C is loaded with an operating system whereas Drive D is loaded with the factory image holding Windows Vista Home Basic(×32). During the installation of Windows 7, I remembered clearly that I chose to install on Drive C.

However, when the installation is done, a problem occurred. Drive D shows that a fraction of its space was occupied(See screenshot).

Recovery Partition appears to be empty Factor10

However, when I opened the Drive, I did not see any files present. I clicked on the folder options and checked the box to show hidden files. But this had no effect. (See screenshot)

Recovery Partition appears to be empty Recove10

I then opened the disk management utility in the computer management console. I verified that the partition was healthy. (See screenshot)

Recovery Partition appears to be empty Disk_m10

Lastly, I have tried pressing the F11 key(which is for system recovery) when my computer was booting. However, the system recovery screen did not pop up.

Are the files on Drive D gone? How get I get the system recovery feature to work again? Could someone please render me some some help? Thank you. Sad tearing

descriptionRecovery Partition appears to be empty EmptyRe: Recovery Partition appears to be empty

more_horiz
OK...After some research, I managed to display the files from Drive D.
I opened a folder and went to Tools>Folder Options and clicked the view tab
I then unchecked the 'Hide Protected Operating System Files' Box.

However, I still cannot figure out why my system recovery is unable to launch.
Could someone please advise me? Thanks. Let me think
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum