WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptiongaps in html on windows browsers Emptygaps in html on windows browsers

more_horiz
Hi there,

I'm trying to fix my website. The homepage has gaps between table cells (not everywhere), and I seem to unable to remove them.
http://www.linda-d.com/en/Linda-d.html
I'm using Firefox on a Mac and works fine, but not on windows. I tested the page on http://browsershots.org/ and the windows based browsers all show these gaps. I looked at it on my bf's windows laptop with firefox, and the gaps are there. I've been trying to fix this for over 3 days.
Tried to put the code of each row (tr tag) on one line with no spaces but it didn't fix it. I removed the tags, someone wrote that they aren't necessary since Netscape 4. I embedded the flash menu with as simple as possible valid code and so on.. It's driving me mental....
Any help would be appreciated!

descriptiongaps in html on windows browsers EmptyRe: gaps in html on windows browsers

more_horiz
Hi,
I don't have any problems with your website. You should clear Cookies and History in your browser. It might helps you.

............................................................................................

gaps in html on windows browsers V45u80

descriptiongaps in html on windows browsers EmptyRe: gaps in html on windows browsers

more_horiz
Hey, thanks for your reply. I found the problem: windows renders the text differently and the text was bigger than on Mac so it pushed the whole thing down. op system css for smaller text on windows solved the problem. thanks though. You probably have seen the corrected version.

more_horiz
Oh, nice move. Glad you solve problem.

Regards,
Nazzgull

............................................................................................

gaps in html on windows browsers V45u80

more_horiz
How were you defining your font size. Pixel, em or percentage?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum