WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHard Drive detects imminent failure !! EmptyHard Drive detects imminent failure !!

more_horiz
So my home computer restarted and now all i get in the opening black boot up screen is:

1720-Smart Hard Drive Detects imminent failure,
failing drive: SATA 0 (dark blue)
failing attribute: #01
to minimize the risk of data loss, backup the contents of your hard drive and run DPS self-test in f10 setup.

Hp Ethernet Boot Agent v8.1.55
Copyright HP ……….bla bla bla....

I have tried starting up in safe mode, and the last working configuration. No Luck. It acts like it is booting up and when it gets to the windows logo blue screen it clicks and goes to back to the black bootup screen, it is an endless loop.

I would love to retrieve the little important data I have on my computer. It is a HP xw4300 Workstation. It looks like that may not be possible to get back, if there is no hope is it possible to just erase whatever is breaking my computer (my guess some virus) to start fresh.

please help.

descriptionHard Drive detects imminent failure !! EmptyRe: Hard Drive detects imminent failure !!

more_horiz
Hi there,

Sorry to tell you this but the chances of you obtaining the little data you want is grim. If it won't boot in safe mode, chances are of getting it to boot and backup/data tranfer is very low. Possibly just get a new hard drive..?

If you really don't want to purchase a new hard drive you can use a hard drive wipe out program to completely dispose of the partition on that drive unless the hard drive is 100 percent dead.

descriptionHard Drive detects imminent failure !! EmptyRe: Hard Drive detects imminent failure !!

more_horiz
Where can i find a hard drive wipe out program, is there anyway to just dump everything n start fresh.

more_horiz
You can try this link but i have no experience with it so proceed with your own caution.

http://www.killdisk.com/

If this doesn't resolve your issue, your hard drive is 100% done for.

more_horiz
hello I am having the same problem just cant tell if the hard drive is 100% done! How would i tell if the hard drive is done all together?

more_horiz
You can check if the disk inside is still spinning or not, if it isn't you might have a chance. If all else fails there is a trick that i stumbled across. You can put the hard drive in the freezer for a couple of hours 3-5 hours. Remove the drive after and plug it in. Again i have no experience with this proceed with your own caution. There is a chance that all your data will be gone, but its better than buying a new drive. Good luck.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum