WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionapplication cannot be executed. the file is infected Emptyapplication cannot be executed. the file is infected

more_horiz
hi there,
i was trying to download some games last night and ive downloaded this nasty virus. its not letting me open any application. not even norton antivirus. i cant open any internet browsers. ive tried to open IE, CHROME, FIREFOX. it keeps on displaying "internet explorer warning- visitng this web site may harm your computer." and it asks me to purchase for secure internet surfing :-( Im posting this from my brothers computer. It would be great if i can get some help to remove the virus. i dont want to lose my files/data. so i didnt try factory reboot. thanks.

descriptionapplication cannot be executed. the file is infected EmptyRe: application cannot be executed. the file is infected

more_horiz
Hello.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

descriptionapplication cannot be executed. the file is infected EmptyRe: application cannot be executed. the file is infected

more_horiz
hi thanks for ur prompt reply. just letting you know that im not good with computers. how do i download the otl. i cant go to the internet from the infected computer. so i cant click on the link :-(

more_horiz
hi there,
im desperate..i booted in safe mode and system restored it to last week (i think). do u think i still should follow the steps to make sure im out of danger.

more_horiz
Yes please.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum