WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionBSOD KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR EmptyBSOD KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

more_horiz
Hi,

I'm running Vista SP2 and have been experiencing frequent freezing/BSOD's. Much of the time it's when I'm running video (streaming, from a local file or from a Blu-ray disc) in full screen. The most frequent stop code is 0x00000077, KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR. The parameters listed after the STOP code are: 0x00000001, 0xCBCAFFC7, 0x00000000, 0x8A153C70 and it fails to write the memory dump afterwards. I followed the instructions to change options in sysdm.cpl, however the Minidump folder is still empty. Any help would be appreciated.

PS In the past few months I've installed several new peripherals including: a secondary internal hard drive, BD-player, video card and SATA controller card. Not sure if that is helpful information or not. I've also ruled out the possibility of a virus since I've run several full scans (mostly using Avira Antivir) and have come up dry. Thanks again!

descriptionBSOD KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR EmptyRe: BSOD KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

more_horiz
try this In Vista, just type Event Viewer in the Start Search box. this will bring up a viewer to show the problems.

descriptionBSOD KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR EmptyRe: BSOD KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

more_horiz
Hi, please go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.

In command prompt type next command and press Enter:
chkdsk /r

Follow prompts, restart your computer if needed. Let me know results.

............................................................................................

BSOD KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR V45u80

more_horiz
I was given the following response when attempting to run chkdsk:

The type of the file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.
Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

I chose yes and restarted the computer. Chkdsk ran and said the volume was clean.

more_horiz
I haven't gotten a BSOD, but when accessing streaming video (as a test) the computer hung again. The cursor moves but clicking doesn't respond and keyboard shortcuts like ctrl-alt-del or ctrl-shft-esc don't do anything.

more_horiz
Nice, here is article I found :

http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-vista/stop-0x77-kernel_stack_inpage_error/
http://www.vistax64.com/software/242315-kernel_stack_inpage_error-need-help-fix.html
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=228753&sd=RMVP

............................................................................................

more_horiz
Try to reinstall your Video driver and check your SATA cables.

more_horiz
I apologize but shortly after our last correspondence I had to travel and this is the earliest I was able to reply. I haven't touched the computer in weeks but tonight I've checked all cable connections and they were all secure. Just for the sake of experimentation I switched the PCI slot that the SATA Host controller card was in and restarted. The system booted fine and I'm in the process of reinstalling the video drivers. I'll update in a few days. Thanks again.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum