WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionsystem tool 2011 removal? Emptysystem tool 2011 removal?

more_horiz
Today I was using my computer when randomly a program called "system tool 2011" popped up. It will pop up like an anti-virus software and run a fake scan. It also changed my background image to something blue with a bunch of words about being in danger on it. Anytime I tried to run a program, whether it be my Trend Micro, iTunes, Firefox, or any other program, it would simply close the program pop up with a message saying that it is "infected." I tried rebooting, but as soon as everything boots up it starts running and renders my computer useless. I also tried starting up in safemode and running malwarebytes, and though it did find a total of 11 infected files, it did not remove this program. I have no idea how it got on my computer in the first place, but I am completely out of ideas for fixing it. Any help with this?

descriptionsystem tool 2011 removal? EmptyRe: system tool 2011 removal?

more_horiz
Hello.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
system tool 2011 removal? DXwU4
system tool 2011 removal? VvYDg

more_horiz
Just wanted to let you know: I went into safe-mode, and did a full scan with Malwarebytes, and so far that seems to have done the trick. Apparently when I ran it the first time it only ran for about 3 hours when the battery on my laptop ran out juice; this time it ran for about 6 hours. Thanks anyway for your help; I'll definitely keep this in mind if the problem comes up again.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum