WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionfailure to update net.framework 4. Emptyfailure to update net.framework 4.

more_horiz
For a few weeks now my computer has been trying to download the update as follows,

Initialising instalation..done..

Security update for microsoft net framework 4 on windows xp, window server 2003,Windows vista,windows 7,windows server 2008x86(KB2416472) update 1 of 1

It appears to download then comes back to try again

We have windows xp on the computer
any help would be appreciated..Jane

descriptionfailure to update net.framework 4. EmptyRe: failure to update net.framework 4.

more_horiz
Hi,
Try to manually download and install .Net Framework 4 from Microsoft website, check link bellow :

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9cfb2d51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en

descriptionfailure to update net.framework 4. EmptyRe: failure to update net.framework 4.

more_horiz
Thanks Nazzgull. I have just tried the above suggestion.
When I click on download I get a box with 2 options, either repair and return to original state, or remove. I tried the repair option but it fails due to a fatal error during instalation.

more_horiz
I suggest you to click Remove, than you should install fresh one.

more_horiz
That wont work either, It tells me on this computer i need to delete net framework 4 client profile and net framework 4 using control panel, however neither of these files are listed when I go to the add removes programmes option.

more_horiz
Okay, please go to THIS link and download Microsoft .Net Framework Clean Up Tool.

Run it > Click on .NET Framework - All Versions > Click Clean Up Now.

Restart your computer after that step, and try to install .Net Framework 4 from installation file i give you in post above.

more_horiz
Well that all went as planned and the update icon has gone from the bottom of my screen. So thankyou for your help, Ill let you know if this has fixed the problem..Jane

more_horiz
Glad i am helped Smile...

more_horiz
Problem sorted, thanks so much for your help Hooray! xx

more_horiz
Mark as solved Smile... No problem Smile...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum