WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptioncan't install things... Emptycan't install things...

more_horiz
My friend gave me her laptop, told me that it was just not working right. So I took it in...I'm confused! Windows works fine it seems...I can get on the internet...I started seeing issus when I went to download Microsoft Security Essentials (they had no virus protection activated). It won't let me download all the way...goes a bit and then pops up the screen that basically says if you have any other AV running, to disable it (and I don't that I can see) and then I hit install and it gives me an error, stating that it can't install (but no specifics) and shows an error code of 0x800B0003. I also tried installing SP3 (auto updates keeps throwing that at me) and that won't complete either.

I don't even know where to start looking for what could be wrong...I'm usually not completely confused, but I am.

Thanks,
Jackie

descriptioncan't install things... EmptyRe: can't install things...

more_horiz
Hello. Glad to have you here at GeekPolice.

Please wait here, while I refer you to an excellent Tech Advisor or other staff.

more_horiz
Hi, can you give me HijackThis log file ? I would like to check do you have some strange processes, maybe we have to put you to Malware Removal..

Also, if you can, go to Start > Run > type "Sfc /scannow" and press Enter. Put your Windows CD if computer ask you for that.

more_horiz
It is possible you are infected with Malware e.g a rouge AV however, it is also possible that the hardrive system files are corrupt.

more_horiz
That's why i asking him for log Smile...

more_horiz
Hi. Sorry about that I didn't even see that you asked for a log. Sorry to hijack.

:smile2:

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum