WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows Socket Installation Failed EmptyWindows Socket Installation Failed

more_horiz
On a laptop with Windows Vista, it began not connecting to the internet. It has built-in wireless. The router and modem can be connected to by another computer on the network. During boot up, the following messages are displayed:
Windows Socket Installation failed.
System Event Notification Service.

The error message banner says "Tific Digital Support". All I can find out about Tific is that it was recently acquired by AVG for use as some sort of automated "Click 'n Fix". Well, AGV is not installed on this computer and clicking on the message doesn't fix anything. :sad:

There are quite a few services listed that are "stopped", including "netlogin".

Has anyone encountered this before? Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,
Roy
freegeezer@gmail.com

descriptionWindows Socket Installation Failed EmptyRe: Windows Socket Installation Failed

more_horiz
Hello and Welcome !

Start | CMD | Right Click and Run as Administrator

netsh winsock reset catalog (resets winsock entries)
netsh int ip reset reset.log (resets TCP/IP stack)

Reboot the System then Test it.

Start | CMD | Right Click and Run as Administrator

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Reboot the System then Test it.

Also Start | CMD | Right Click and Run as Administrator then type in sfc /scannow to validate your system files.
Follow this article and Disable the add-ons and Tool bar in Internet explorer. Also do a Reset http://captaindebugger.wordpress.com/sf-ie-restorator/

Hope this helps,
Captain

............................................................................................

Regards,
Captain MVP
Windows Socket Installation Failed Gp_use10

It is considered
courteous to  post a reply if you have been able to resolve your problem, or received  an answer to your question.

descriptionWindows Socket Installation Failed EmptyRe: Windows Socket Installation Failed

more_horiz
Wow! Thank you for such a quick response.

I will give that solution a try. I may not be able to get over there until Fri. or Sat., I'll be sure to post the results.

Thanks,
Roy

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum