WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAnti-Malware Test: Avira Challenge - What's protecting you? EmptyAnti-Malware Test: Avira Challenge - What's protecting you?

more_horiz
Avira Challenge - 10/27/2010

# of samples: 5,584

Avira AntiVir: 5355/5584 (95.9%)(Database version: 7.10.13.59)

MBAM: 4958/5584 (88.8%)(Database version: 4968)

SAS: 1639/5584 (29.4%)(Database version: 5770)

Disqualified: BugBopper's Wuzzup?: 1641/5584 (29.4%) !SCAN SELF-ABORTED!

descriptionAnti-Malware Test: Avira Challenge - What's protecting you? EmptyRe: Anti-Malware Test: Avira Challenge - What's protecting you?

more_horiz
Based on what mbam and sas detected, the gap avira left behind may have been filled. That's why we like to recommend a layered security strategy.Smile...

descriptionAnti-Malware Test: Avira Challenge - What's protecting you? EmptyRe: Anti-Malware Test: Avira Challenge - What's protecting you?

more_horiz
MBAM is close to Avira there, and SAS fell really short.

more_horiz
Mbam has excellent detection. I wouldn't recommend sas as your main antimalware tool. More of a backup tool as it falls behind majority of the time.

more_horiz
I bet if I was on their team, they wouldn't.

more_horiz
No doubt.Smile... Good for a secondary scanner as it usually finds something if mbam doesn't. I've learned to rely on it for that.Smile...

more_horiz
Sorry guys, I failed to mention that Avira only detected a moderate portion of the samples, but missed a lot of samples. However, MBAM missed very few samples, and overall did much better than Avira.

Avira only got that score, because they scan within files. Out of 18,000 objects they said were scanned, only 5355 were detected. There were still 5,584 samples, but there were objects within the files that were detected.

Clearly, MBAM smoked Avira by a long shot, but since Avira scans within files/archives, it looks like the winner. The true winner against Avira is MBAM, hands down.

more_horiz
Are these tested with the real time protection or file scanning?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Anti-Malware Test: Avira Challenge - What's protecting you? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
File scanning w/heuristics.

more_horiz
Hmm, sad that a complementary program beat it. Needs to step up it's detections.Smile...

more_horiz
SAS has really gone down in the years Indifferent or Blank

more_horiz
Happyhunter wrote:
SAS has really gone down in the years Indifferent or Blank

Detection rate isn't overly good. Only time I've ever seen it block something was during a test. Mbam has done far more then that.Smile...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum