WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWin32/heur virus EmptyWin32/heur virus

more_horiz
I am having real problems with the win32/Heur virus, my AVG is going bananas, when trying to do a scan it found over 4000 instances of the virus just listed as virus vbs/generic, then it seemed to freeze . So I did a malewarebytes scan in safemode, this came up clean.
The problem is that it is redirecting my internet to sites trying to sell me antivirus software.
Also the program icons i usually have at the bottom of the screen, I think its called the tray, Have gone missing, Please help as I dont know what to do next, Thankyou. Jane

descriptionWin32/heur virus EmptyRe: Win32/heur virus

more_horiz
Hello.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Win32/heur virus DXwU4
Win32/heur virus VvYDg

more_horiz
Since posting for help, the computer has now crashed,On startup all we get is a black screen, and we cant even start it in safe mode, all I get is a screen with"safe mode" written in the 4 corners and nothing else. I am at a friends typing this out. Is there a way of accessing any information or does it seem like a restore to factory settings situ?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum