WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionThinkPoint Virus-comes on everytime windows vista starts. can't access desktop EmptyThinkPoint Virus-comes on everytime windows vista starts. can't access desktop

more_horiz
How can I remove this virus from boot mode? It won't let me access the startup screen or desktop so I can't even run a virus/malware remover. What can I do??

descriptionThinkPoint Virus-comes on everytime windows vista starts. can't access desktop EmptyRe: ThinkPoint Virus-comes on everytime windows vista starts. can't access desktop

more_horiz
Please reboot to Safe Mode With Networking (tap the F8 key just before Windows starts to load and select the Safe Mode With Networking option from the menu).

THEN:

Come back here and do the following:

Please download OTL from one of the following links
  • LINK 1
  • LINK 2

• Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
    • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in;

netsvcs
      drivers32
      %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
      %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
      CREATERESTOREPOINT
      %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install|LastSuccessTime /rs

• Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them if you need to start a new topic.

............................................................................................

- The Avatar
If I have helped you, please consider donating to GeekPolice.net

GeekPolice.net ThinkPoint Virus-comes on everytime windows vista starts. can't access desktop Facebook%20Small%20Logo  ThinkPoint Virus-comes on everytime windows vista starts. can't access desktop Line  ThinkPoint Virus-comes on everytime windows vista starts. can't access desktop TwitterLogo2-200x200_small

Online: GMT 10+ 7:30pm to 8:30pm weekdays. On and off on weekends regularly.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum