WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionComputer will only open in safe mode EmptyComputer will only open in safe mode

more_horiz
Hello,

Since last night, everytime I start my computer in normal mode, it freezes.

I can open it in safe mode networking. However, there are important programs that I cannot open in safe mode.

I already scanned with malware.

Please - can you help me.

thanks - Effsy

descriptionComputer will only open in safe mode EmptyRe: Computer will only open in safe mode

more_horiz
Hello. Glad to have you here at GeekPolice.

Please wait here, while I refer you to an excellent Tech Advisor or other staff.

descriptionComputer will only open in safe mode EmptyRe: Computer will only open in safe mode

more_horiz
Hello,

Since you can open the Safe Mode with Networking try create a new User Account and see if you can access that User account

............................................................................................

Regards,
Captain MVP
Computer will only open in safe mode Gp_use10

It is considered
courteous to  post a reply if you have been able to resolve your problem, or received  an answer to your question.

more_horiz
Hello,

I created a new user account but after I type in the password, it appears to load the windows welcome page but it will just continue "loading" for hours.

I also tried my old account, but it will just freeze after trying to load the windows desktop.

Please help - thanks - effsy

more_horiz
Hello,

What security software are you using ?

............................................................................................

Regards,
Captain MVP

It is considered
courteous to  post a reply if you have been able to resolve your problem, or received  an answer to your question.

more_horiz
I use ESET smart security. I do not know what is wrong with it but the other day when I ran a computer scan, it took a day. Do you know why?

thanks - effsy

more_horiz
Hello,

Maybe something might be wrong with the Program. Go to Safe Mode and uninstall ESET and use this guide http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-uninstall-or-remove-ESET-Nod32-antivirus-totally

Hope this helps,
Captain

Regards,
Captain MVP

It is considered

more_horiz
Hello,

will I be able to install it again or do I have to buy a new anti-virus?

thanks, effsy

more_horiz
Effsy wrote:
Hello,

will I be able to install it again or do I have to buy a new anti-virus?

thanks, effsy

If that works we can create a restore point and try to reinstall ESET again.

- Captain

Regards,
Captain MVP

It is considered

more_horiz
hello,

iI am able to start my computer in normal mode without uninstalling ESET.

However,

1 - I get this report in one of the games: "the game is running in software rendering mode. hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported by your video card driver, which could slow game performance. make sure you have the latest video card driver installed and that hardware acceleration is turned on."

2 - And in speech recognition, this message: "the wizard could not start. make sure your audio hardware is working properly and check your audio configuration in the audio devices and sound themes control panel."

3 - I did a manual scan with ESET and it took the whole day that I just cancelled it.

4 - And the computer is running really very, very slow.

5 - And finally, the computer screen is very big.

I hope this makes sense. It is really puzzling and frustrating.

Thanks - Effsy

more_horiz
Well, its a good thing you can atleast get into safemode with networking... I would suggest running a hijackthis and upload the log either here or to the analyzer website... If you can remove the root of the problem it may help... I wouldnt stick to just 1 av to scan, use malware bytes and spybot also...

~Link Removed~

more_horiz
Hello,

Seems like the Display drivers might have messed up. because

"the game is running in software rendering mode. hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported by your video card driver, which could slow game performance. make sure you have the latest video card driver installed and that hardware acceleration is turned on." "And finally, the computer screen is very big."

Download the Latest version of Display drivers and install it and see if that works fine.

- Captain

Regards,
Captain MVP

It is considered

more_horiz
Hello,

where do i download the latest version of display drivers?

thanks - effsy

more_horiz
Try starting your comp with vista disk. If sucessful try to restore computer to at least ten days previously.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum