WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptiongimme your opinions Emptygimme your opinions

more_horiz
not sure if this is the right thread... seems appropriate.

First some background on these "projects" i do: i am a freecycler which means i take peoples junk for free and use it for myself his also rings true for computer type stuffs so i want peoples opinions on this particuar computer build which i have just collected all the parts for (except PSU)

okay here is the parts :
i found an HP Pavillion a6235(not the one in one of my other topics) and will use the case because of its convenient power button and front USB 2.0 /audio ports card reader was damaged:( also mobo+cpu fan from it was still good and i will use it as well but other than that nothing else was any good

next the graphics card is an ATI Radeon hd 2400(PRO i think) in pretty good condition fan will probably need to be changed soon added new thermal coductive compound stuff to the fan

cpu is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor

3GB of hynixbrand ddr2 pc2-5300 memory 2x 1Gb and 2x 512Mb

extra chassis fan

some crappy dvd-rom drive for now

Hdd 320 Gb samsung i think (its in this computer right now and im too lazy to check what brand...)

and the PSU is still the only unknown variable
(oh yeah i plan to FINALLY have win7 on it Smile...

well don't be afraid to tell me what you think of this computer that i will be building that cost me nothing Cheesy Grin (sparkly

descriptiongimme your opinions EmptyRe: gimme your opinions

more_horiz
You sure know how to hunt.Goofy Seems okay, but I would do some serious testing to make sure they aren't problematic(fire starters ect). I'm a bit concerned about collecting parts like this. Depending on how you got them(dumpster, curves ect) they could be dangerous.

more_horiz
yeah i know people with big mouths so its not hard to spread the word that i collect electronics that they are throwing out and none of those parts were collected from the curb/dumpster (i found a psp in a garbage can and it works...exept i just needed to change the scren for one that i had that wasn't broken...lol)
and i do look everything over for any sort of major physical damage (i.e. broken or exploded capacitors resistors etc...and check for stuff like short circuits i am very respectful to elctricity (thats why i will NEVER get an XBOX 360)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum