WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAnti-piracy at France, codenamed "Hadopi." EmptyAnti-piracy at France, codenamed "Hadopi."

more_horiz
Well, do you remember the three strikes anti-piracy law from France, code named Hadopi. ?
Yeh, well its now gone live, oh yeh, its now into the real world.
"This week the controversial French three-strikes anti-piracy law Hadopi went live. Copyright holders are currently in the process of sending out tens of thousands of IP-addresses of alleged infringers to Internet service providers, and this will increase to over a million in a few weeks. The ISPs have to hand over the identities of the associated accounts to the authorities within a week, or face a fine of 1500 euros per unidentified IP-address.”
So the IP providers are now being forced to hand over the information they have on peoples IP addresses.. that sux real bad.
Under France’s new Hadopi law, alleged copyright infringers will be hunted down systematically in an attempt to decrease piracy. Alleged offenders have to be identified by their Internet providers and they will be reported to a judge once they have received three warnings.
A judge will then review the case and hand down any one of a range of penalties, from fines through to disconnecting the Internet connection of the infringer.
And you can bet your gut, other countries.... like the UK.. wont be that long in following.. :/

............................................................................................

Anti-piracy at France, codenamed "Hadopi." Viktor14

descriptionAnti-piracy at France, codenamed "Hadopi." EmptyRe: Anti-piracy at France, codenamed "Hadopi."

more_horiz
While I do not promote piracy and advise against it, I won't side with antipiracy attempts.

To be honest, I really don't think piracy can be stopped at all. This just means there will be more totally closed private trackers for torrents, and a lot more trackers these days are able to encrypt files, like when a user wants to leech/seed a torrent, the .torrent file can be downloaded as a zip file so ISP's wont notice they have downloaded a .torrent file.

Yes this mean the tracker owners may need to use outside sources for their users to be able to download these .torrent files, but if those sources are hosted in countries where UK/US laws don't apply, then not much can be done.

Yes it's a neat little loophole, but it works. A lot of countries, like countries within region 4 and 5 (mainly China and Japan) don't care about piracy. You killed someone? you'll be punished. You downloaded a movie? big wow we don't care.

Now websites these days can point to illegal material, but as long as they don't host illegal material, they aren't doing anything wrong.

Plus, torrent trackers are moving on now with DHT, so there is no need for a main torrent tracker anymore now users can download from 1 machine to the other.

In this case, the best ISP's can do is use their DNS to block users from torrent sites, but this is easy to get around, by using other DNS sources, like Google/OpenDNS, or just a simple proxy website.

Again I aren't saying I'm one sided in this argument, just my 2c.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Anti-piracy at France, codenamed "Hadopi." DXwU4
Anti-piracy at France, codenamed "Hadopi." VvYDg
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum