WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionStrange CPU behavior EmptyStrange CPU behavior

more_horiz
This morning I woke up and logged on to my laptop only to discover when I got to my desktop, the screen was upside down. Not the login screen, or the loading screen, just my dektop view was upside down. This continued to happen throughout the day, I just kind of hoped it would dissapear on its own. I started fiddling around and tried to go into safe mode when all that happened was a dark screen showed up with safe mode in all 4 corners and my mouse cursor. There were no icons, toolbars, or pop ups on the screen. I tried to do a system restore from the bootup menu, but when I got to the desktop I was met with just a blank screen and my mouse cursor. Right now I am running diagnostic tests but am stumped on what to do? Any help would be appreciated.

descriptionStrange CPU behavior EmptyRe: Strange CPU behavior

more_horiz
Note: the following tool is to only be used under the guidance of a malware helper. In the event you already have the tool, please delete the old copy and download a new copy.

Please download ComboFix Strange CPU behavior Combofix from BleepingComputer.com

Alternate link: Forospyware.com (Click the green button on the page to download it).

Rename ComboFix.exe to combo-fix.exe before you save it to your Desktop
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools A guide to do this can be found here
  • Click Start then copy paste the following command into the search box & hit enter: "%userprofile%\desktop\combo-fix.exe" /killall
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. This will not install in Vista, so it will just continue scanning, and skip the console install.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the contents of C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

more_horiz
When I log in I literally can't see anything. Just a black screen and a mouse cursor. Any other way to do this?

more_horiz
so.... you got anything?

more_horiz
Did that happen after you ran ComboFix?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum