WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSeagate Replica external usb drive 500GB very slow to open folders EmptySeagate Replica external usb drive 500GB very slow to open folders

more_horiz
I have had this drive for 10 months. It automatically backs up my computer. Up until about two weeks ago I could open the Replica backup software, click on "MY Documents", and in a few seconds it would display the files. Now when I click on the "My Documents" folder it literally takes hours to open. The folder size is 24GB. I have spent a week on this issue with Seagate. We have uninstalled, partitioned/formatted the drive, and reinstalled the software several times
with no joy. I ran their Seatools test software and the drive passed. I also tried this drive on another computer and had similar results. When trying to open the "My Documents" folder. after 15 minuted, the program went into "Not Responding". They are convinced it is my computer and advised I should try different usb ports, new cables, and be sure they are usb 2.0. I did this and they are. Now, I said all this to ask if you know of anything I can do to my computer to correct this problem. My computer is a Gateway 506GR running Windows XP Home SP3. I have more than 1GB free memory and 120GB free space on my hard drive. My computer works fine in Explorer as well as my other software programs.
I'm sorry to be so wordy, but I wanted you to have enough info to mull over.
Thanks very much for your thoughts and or advice.

Ron

Last edited by TheWeave on 16th September 2010, 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)

descriptionSeagate Replica external usb drive 500GB very slow to open folders EmptyRe: Seagate Replica external usb drive 500GB very slow to open folders

more_horiz
Hello. I have referred your thread to staff. Someone shall be with you soon!

descriptionSeagate Replica external usb drive 500GB very slow to open folders EmptyRe: Seagate Replica external usb drive 500GB very slow to open folders

more_horiz
Hi, you'll have to change drive for new one. There is no solution for your problem. Hard drive is corrupted or damaged, you should change it, contact your customer. If you still have guaranty ask them for new external hard drive.

more_horiz
Thanks. Thats what I thought.

Ron

more_horiz
I just bought and installed a 1TB Seagate GoFlex Desk. My Replica copied the c: drive (about 6 hours). When I try to look at the files in a directory on My Replica using its browser, it takes anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes for them to display. (I can't see them at all with Windows Explorer.)
(My OS is XP Home SP3.)

Is this typical of the My Replica browser?

wbl

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum