WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

pollPrivate server

.WoW
13%
.MapleStory
75%
.RuneScape
12%
Total Votes:
Poll closed

descriptionPrivate servers EmptyPrivate servers

more_horiz
anyone feel like getting a private server?
.WoW
.MapleStory
.MU online
.Rose Online
.Gunbound
.Gunz
.~others~
? Let me think

Last edited by ThunderBluff on 17th July 2008, 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

............................................................................................

Private servers Firenamecopytt4.th

descriptionPrivate servers EmptyRe: Private servers

more_horiz
Do you mean a dedicated gaming server or data host for our site?

more_horiz
dedi hopefully, if its maplestory it wud be like called GPMS, if its WoW we cud call it World of Geekcraft or something liddat,

more_horiz
Hosting private game servers are usually illegal and against the game developer's terms of service. Shh a secret

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Private servers Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
ive read that for WoW, its not against the law of this topic to host a private server as long as i dont rip off their ORIGINAL files to format the server... for maplestory, im not so sure because of the current sueing of NEXON VS ODIN/LOCAL Servers

more_horiz
The main beef is that clients usually need to alter the original game script data in order to access the host and interact.....This in itself is seen as software piracy by most of the developers!

Internet cafes and other access points, even the hosts of private servers themselves, are now being cracked down upon in a more methodical and thorough way, especially in Europe.

It sucks, but its a sad fact of reality that 'private gaming servers' are considered illegal under federal law.

Regards

more_horiz
yes, that may be true but WoW and MU online's mainservers are now not bothering these servers due to the fact that for every one u close down, 5~20 more pops up! Cheesy Grin (sparkly
for MU online, the case is that there are SO MANY private servers that the main server is declared by some as 'dead'.

more_horiz
What you say ThunderBluff is also true and a fact of life in online (network) gaming!

Just like software pirating or the illegal drug trade, this issue becomes harder and harder to police and bring under control as each day goes by!

Doesn't make it any more legal in the eye's of the Law though.

Although we are unable to build on your suggestion for creating our own ded. serv, I do appreciate the fact that your putting a good deal of thought into making our great forum even better.

Keep up the good work and keep the suggestions coming....... My Buddy

Regards

more_horiz
However, i will be working on my private server soon so when that day comes, ill be less active and more on working on a server source that will be NON buggy and less laggy. although i may face some violent objections Cheesy Grin (sparkly , i will be working on it soon, for what games... i am not so sure... which is why i have placed a poll to let people decide for WHEN it becomes 'legal', i will start work. but for now, SLACKING TIME! Cheesy Grin (sparkly

more_horiz
If you get your private server up and running, don't forget to put a link back here on your site! Cheesy Grin (sparkly

Private servers Lambo-11

more_horiz
somewhat decided on a MS private server, test forum is at
geekpolicestory
[sorry i sux at making forums] Cheesy Grin (sparkly

more_horiz
Hmmm... A private server... Cool.

more_horiz
Maplestory so boring alr.. Play WoW.. nvr tried it be4 but i tink it sounds fun xD

My wish.. Taemos~
I can dream can't I?

Private servers Taeng-10
Credits to crappynco

more_horiz
updated the website and changed the hoster to forumotion Cheesy Grin (sparkly
here it is ~
click me

Last edited by ThunderBluff on 17th July 2008, 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
You did not code your link properly. Use this:

Code:

[url=http://geekpoliceserver.forumotion.net/]click me[/url]

BTW, nice theme.

Private servers Segmen10

FunSubstance is the place to go for daily entertainment.

more_horiz
yep its following this forum;s theme sorta.

more_horiz
hmmm. cool. Cheesy Grin (sparkly nice choice of theme.

Private servers Lambo-11

more_horiz
thanks and ive edited the poll, runescape is added in and MU,rose and gunz taken out cos of non responsiveness

more_horiz
I think maple would be the easiest to get. I also see many persu hosting maple.

more_horiz
i hope that you can bring this type of attitude into your studies... anyway good job.

Last edited by Doctor Inferno on 25th July 2008, 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Calling people names.)

more_horiz
This is real redundant so..
~locked~
(Gunsmoke)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum