WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows xp *** STOP: 0x00000024 blue screen  EmptyWindows xp *** STOP: 0x00000024 blue screen

more_horiz
I was recently over my friends house when she informed me that her Norton 360 web protection would expire in 2 days
so i took it upon myself to try and help her out, I uninstalled Norton and installed AVG 9.5 it was working properly and asked me to restart the system. When i restarted the system it never booted up again instead flashed a black screen with the improper shut down options like windows has shut down unexpectedly you can run in safe mode, safe with networking ,restart computer at the last working point or start normally..... no matter what option i choose it always stops mid boot when the blue bar is going across the windows logo and reverts to a blue screen saying :

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps;
Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for had drive corruption, and then restart your computer.
Technical information:

***STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x8A37C9F8,0xC0000102, 0x00000000)

And it refuses to go past this screen... Sad tearing
as a matter a fact it just keeps restarting and giving me the shut down improperly screen options and then whatever i choose goes back to the blue screen
Hope the Best of the Best can help !!!!!!
Thank u
my friend has a Compaq Presario v6000 laptop

descriptionWindows xp *** STOP: 0x00000024 blue screen  EmptyRe: Windows xp *** STOP: 0x00000024 blue screen

more_horiz
"BUMP"

descriptionWindows xp *** STOP: 0x00000024 blue screen  EmptyRe: Windows xp *** STOP: 0x00000024 blue screen

more_horiz
Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

more_horiz
how should i do this ? download from my laptop viz gig stick and then ....??? because how is her laptop going to unzip the program or use it if it never boots and stays in blue screen .......

more_horiz
her computer wont allow me passed the boot windows screen in order to even run the program im using my laptop to communicate with you right now hers is the one with the issue

more_horiz
We are going to be using a Windows Recovery Environment to help disinfect the system so it may boot again.

Download the OTLPE Network REATOGO Windows Recovery Environment.
  • Place a blank CD-R disc in to your CD burning drive.
  • Download OTLPENet.exe and double-click on it to burn to a CD using ISO Burner.
  • Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.

Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
  • Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
  • Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
  • When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
  • When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
  • Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
  • OTL should now start. Change the following settings
    • Change Drivers to Non-Microsoft
    • Press Run Scan to start the scan.
    • When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\_OTL\MovedFiles
    • Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system
    • Please post the contents of the OTL.txt file in your reply.

more_horiz
ok i've downloaded the software and am on the reato x pe desktop screen on the laptop that has the issue however when i press otlpe icon twice as recommend a browse for folder box pops up and gives me the options of :

RAMDISK (B:)
Local Disk (C:)
PRESARIO_RP (D:)
ReatogoPE (X:)
Shared documents

it does not ask me if i wish to load from the remote registry

more_horiz
Ok. See if you can get the scan running and post a log.

more_horiz
Its asking me to choose a windows directory
what should i do ?

more_horiz
Local Disk C:

more_horiz
ok did that and a message pops up saying " run scanner error target is not windows 2000 or later"

what should i do now

more_horiz
Do you have an operating system CD?

more_horiz
no

more_horiz
Download RC.ISO and save it somewhere you can find it.

Download MagicISO and install it.

Start MagicISO. When it asks you to register, just close that window...the
program should remain open. Click on "File" and then on "Open"...navigate to the RC.ISO file you downloaded, select it, and click "Open".

Click "File" on the toolbar and choose "Save As". Name the file RCplus and save it somewhere you can find it.

Put a blank CD-R disk in your CD burner and close the tray...when the AutoPlay window opens, close it.

Click "Tools" on the toolbar and choose "Burn CD/DVD with ISO". In the CD/DVD Image file area, click the little folder, navigate to the newly created
RCplus.iso image file, and click "Open". In the CD/DVD Writing Speed
drop-down menu, choose the top 8X setting. Format should have "Mode 1"
selected...if not, select it. Click on the "Burn It!" button.

Once this disk is burned, put it in the machine you're working on and restart. Boot to the CD and enter the Recovery Console.

When there, do this:

type in "fixmbr" and hit Enter.

Windows xp *** STOP: 0x00000024 blue screen  Fixmbr

Type 'y' if asked to, and allow it to do it's job.

Once it's done that and shows the next bit for another command, type "exit"

This will reboot your machine again, allow it to boot normally this time.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum