WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAdobe Reader download problem EmptyAdobe Reader download problem

more_horiz
I am trying to install Adobe Reader on an XP computer. I have a screen that shows progress and it appears to be 100% complete but there are two entries. One says Error: Installation cancelled and the other one says Installation failed. It looks like the Download Manager is installed but that's all. We need this installed to do homework so it's important. Thanks for your help!

descriptionAdobe Reader download problem EmptyRe: Adobe Reader download problem

more_horiz
Try Foxit Reader:

http://download.cnet.com/Foxit-Reader/3000-10743_4-10313206.html
Is the same PC has here:

http://www.GeekPolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/wuaucltexe-is-infected-t22609-30.htm

more_horiz
I don't know what you mean by...Is the same PC has here. I just looked at the site and I'm not sure I want all the extra stuff... "The setup process has grown more cumbersome. It will automatically check you into the Foxit license agreement, and you are also opted-in to install the Foxit Search Bar that changes your default search provider to Ask and makes Ask.com your home page. It also opts you into the Foxit add-on for Firefox, and into creating desktop, quick launch, and Start menu icons that link to eBay. Also, in our tests, it commandeered the default PDF reader setting even though we unchecked that box."
What would cause the Adobe Reader to not install?

more_horiz
All you do is opt-out . Or Decline. Foxit Reader is a lot safer than Adobe Reader. Also, it provides protection to the launch vulnerability that's in PDF documents.

What would cause the Adobe Reader to not install?

Don't know, but I do know it's best to finish cleaning this PC:

http://www.GeekPolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/wuaucltexe-is-infected-t22609-30.htm

Before you install any software. If it's the same PC as the one your having problems with Adobe Reader.

more_horiz
It's nice that you looked around to see what else I've been doing because I don't know that I would have thought it important to tell you I was also trying to clean this machine. My daughter doesn't live with me so I've been getting my granddaughter to download some of the reports so that I don't have to hang around. She told me last night that she downloaded the results of "Rkill" (I think that's what it's called) but I just looked and I don't see it. She also told me that she was able to install Adobe. Go figure. I tried a few times unsuccessfully. Will that create a problem now since the machine still isn't "clean"? Thanks for your help.

more_horiz
My Adobe Reader started to not work ( no longer opens pdf files). I removed Adobe reader and tried to reinstall. During installation and while Adobe Download Manager is being download, I get a "Operating System Error" message and the download stops.

Would appreciate your help, thanks.

more_horiz
you best start your own thread to make sure you get the help you need.

more_horiz
Hello and Welcome !

The Operating System error there might be a error code. See if your finding it. Check the Event Viewer. Right Click on My Computer click on Manage there you'll find Event Viewer. Check on Msiintaller errors. Post us the results.

- Captain

............................................................................................

Regards,
Captain MVP
Adobe Reader download problem Gp_use10

It is considered
courteous to  post a reply if you have been able to resolve your problem, or received  an answer to your question.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum