WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionRAM[Random Access Memory] prob EmptyRAM[Random Access Memory] prob

more_horiz
if i had a RAM chip from quite long ago can i use it for nowadays the comps?

descriptionRAM[Random Access Memory] prob EmptyRe: RAM[Random Access Memory] prob

more_horiz
It depends, are you using DDR, DDR2 or DDR3? If you have a DDR RAM you most probably cannot use it for the computers built today.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

RAM[Random Access Memory] prob Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionRAM[Random Access Memory] prob EmptyRe: RAM[Random Access Memory] prob

more_horiz
Doc is correct......You would need to give us your Computers Motherboard and RAM module specifications (from the one you wish to use) so we can acertain if the stick is compatible or not.

Its unlikely however.

You wouldnt really want to use older RAM in a newer system anyway.....RAM is that cheap these days that even 1 gig sticks of DDR2 are within everyone's reach, affordability wise.
If you can afford to pay for bandwidth, then RAM sticks should be a breaze dude! (e-bay have some great bargains).

Use this freeware program to give us your Motherboard spec's, and I will find you some compatible RAM at an affordable price, that will give your system a nice boost.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/EVEREST_Free_Edition_d4181.html

Regards

more_horiz
but it would mean that if i have DDR 2~3 can? Big Grin

more_horiz
ThunderBluff wrote:
but it would mean that if i have DDR 2~3 can? Big Grin

hmmm. Your question aint clear

more_horiz
Not really.....just cause you have a DDR2 stick of any description, doesnt mean it will be compatible with your computers motherboard requirements.

Compatibility is very important when it comes to RAM......If you havent got the right stick specs, your system most likely wont even boot up (P.O.S.T).

Awesome (sparkly)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum