WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionPC won't turn on, there is a red light, and i've tried all sorts to work it out EmptyPC won't turn on, there is a red light, and i've tried all sorts to work it out

more_horiz
My PC wont turn on, a red light comes on and i hear the fan spinning but that's it, nothing on the screen, cant hear the hard drive working or anything. At first i thought it was the PSU or CPU but i've tried a different hard drive, a different cpu, a different psu a different fan and heat sink, replacing the ram (there is no error beep either) and resetting the motherboard. I think it must be a motherboard issue but i'm not sure, can anyone help? The computer gave no prior hints that it was going to stop working, it blue screened a few times during football manager but that's all.

descriptionPC won't turn on, there is a red light, and i've tried all sorts to work it out EmptyRe: PC won't turn on, there is a red light, and i've tried all sorts to work it out

more_horiz
What kind of computer is it? If it is a self built, what system board is in it? You can try unplugging everything but power, video and ram. See if it will come up then start adding things back.

descriptionPC won't turn on, there is a red light, and i've tried all sorts to work it out EmptyRe: PC won't turn on, there is a red light, and i've tried all sorts to work it out

more_horiz
Hi, i actually can't remember any of that off the top of my head haha sorry, but it's a packard bell, and i've tried that and the thing that's causing the problems is the cable to links the psu and the motherboard and powers the cpu, so i dont know what that means. when its unplugges the pc dosnt switch itself off and the fan runs at full speed, is the cpu ruined? or should o reapply thermal paste? it's store bought Thank You!

more_horiz
You may have a bad psu. Are you okay with swapping psus to test? If not, you may need to take this to a shop. Also, I havent worked on a packard Bell in some time. They may have an "In-House" type power supply - only used with their setups.

more_horiz
hi thanks for your help but as stated i already tried that Sad tearing im thinking its a motherboard issue due to the lack of beeps when i turned it on without ram...

more_horiz
If it is a motherboard. I think packard bells are proprietary - only their stuff works in there computers. I cannot be sure unless you give us a model. It should be found on the back or bottom of the computer. I know you said it was a Packard Bell, but there should be something to identify it. How old is it?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum