WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionBrowser won't connect to internet EmptyBrowser won't connect to internet

more_horiz
Hi all,

I'm having issues with getting my browser to connect to the internet. This past Wednesday, I was on my computer when windows defended popped up and warned me about spyware. I've had this computer for over a year and a half and had never had windows defended pop up before. I know other people have had similar things happen that turned out to be spyware, so I immediately shut my computer off. When I restarted, I was no longer able to access the internet from either Google chrome or IE through wireless or direct connection. I was using Avira antivirus at the time. I ran a full scan, but it did not find anything. Thinking that some malware or spyware had to be on my computer blocking internet access, I did some searching and was able to restore my IE setting to default. This allowed me to get on the web so that I could run a different virus scan. Using a friend's suggestion, I ran a free Panda activescan 2.0. This found a trojan of low risk. In order to remove the trojan, it wanted me to purchase the Panda premium blah blah blah. I decided to opt for the free Panda download. Big mistake.

In the process of downloading Panda, it uninstalled Norton that had initially come with the computer but I was no longer using, requiring a system restart, and Avira that I had really liked though apparently it missed this one, requiring another system restart. Finally the Panda antivirus was ready to install. It installed requiring another system restart that froze my computer during the shutdown. The computer finally restarted itself, said it had not shutdown properly. I decided to try starting windows normally, but this only resulted in the blue screen of death. It then restarted, and I chose safe mode and did a system restore back to before the panda was installed. Thinking my computer was at fault, I tried to install Panda again. This time during the restart, I was able to get back to my password entry screen, but two characters into my password entry, and the my entire computer froze. No hard drive activity at all. Hard boot down, start in safe mode, system restore, and this time I canceled Panda's access to install again. I uninstalled Panda as much as I could my deleting it from the toolbar and from the control panel. However, every time I restart my computer, it asks if I want to allow Panda permission to access the internet. The bigger problem is now I again am unable to connect to the internet through Google Chrome or IE and I have NO antiviral software, than you very much Panda. I believe there are remnants of Panda lurking around and maybe they are preventing me from accessing the internet? Either that or it's the trojan? Restoring the IE setting to default did not work this time so I am clueless on where to go from here.

Any suggestions would be great. I really need this computer up and running. Thank you!

descriptionBrowser won't connect to internet EmptyRe: Browser won't connect to internet

more_horiz
Hello.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum