WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionVia VT8237 RAID/SATA wont read Drives EmptyVia VT8237 RAID/SATA wont read Drives

more_horiz
Hello, Here is my issue:

My PCChips M955G motherboard with VIA PM880 chipset model amd VT8237 South Bridge use to only read small SATA drives. I Downloaded and succesfully installed the MB bios update as there was supposedly a fix. After that the Via bios and utility would no longer come up or read sata drives period. So I thought I messed up the bios and ordered and installed a new one but I still have the same result. There is another bios update that regards a sata fix for installing Windows on a SATA drive. But when I tried to update with that bios I get an error allocating memory. I figure that the bios is protected. Does anyone know how I might resolve my Issue?

descriptionVia VT8237 RAID/SATA wont read Drives EmptyRe: Via VT8237 RAID/SATA wont read Drives

more_horiz
Hi,
Did you check Bios settings for Hard Disc - IDE & ATA , you should select ATA, and find somewhere to Enable RAID.

For more information check this link
http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?locale=en-us&name=install-troubleshoot-sata-non-mac&vgnextoid=2b089d2c3c90e010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD

............................................................................................

Via VT8237 RAID/SATA wont read Drives V45u80
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum