WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionLocked out EmptyLocked out

more_horiz
I moved and did not have access to my computer for a while so now I forgot my password! I have vista and have been told I need to reinstall but I am NOT a computer Geek, (I mean that in a bad way) I wish I were! How do I get going? I have all the original disks but I am lost!

descriptionLocked out EmptyRe: Locked out

more_horiz
The are tools to reset your password, but I'm not sure if I can talk about it "in the clear".

more_horiz
Yeah you can amp, go for it.

Linux ftw. =D

more_horiz
The easiest way to recover the password outright is to use the bootable program Ophcrack. All you would have to do is download and burn the Ophcrack Live CD, boot your computer with it, and it will list your user accounts, then it will try to recover the passwords.

The Ophcrack LiveCD Support Page has some instructions, but if you have any questions, please ask. Smile...

more_horiz
I have the same issue. Ophcrack fails to unlock or find the passwords needed although it loads and functions correctly. The tables load and search correctly. The admin and guest accts are found but the passwords are empty. I cant log into those accts because the username is locked down on the login screen. The username is found w/ ophcrack but the password is "not found". The username password has to be reset or a way to get to the admin account is what is needed for the new owner of the laptop. There are no recovery discs for this computer. This is a Vista Home Premium Aser Aspire laptop. Any ideas for next steps?

more_horiz
Do you have Windows 7 Installation DVD, because Vista is failed OS ?

more_horiz
Yes

more_horiz
Would you like to install it ? I can give you link with full instructions and all steps with pictures inside.. It is one easy tutorial for beginners.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum