WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionPls. Analyse My Old Computer Specs! EmptyPls. Analyse My Old Computer Specs!

more_horiz
Hi Guys...this is my 10 yrs. old or very old computer...which i want to ask you all if i can upgrade it to a better one or it's no use anymore or better to buy a new one than upgrade it...

planning to have some more powerful or modern computer...please analyse it and throw me some good advice what will be the best way or thing to do...
by the way...i am a normal pc user...just a normal surfer or internet movie viewer or music listener but not an avid computer gamer...but why not later if i find some interesting games...but at the moment using my computer just to a normal activities...

================
My Computer Specs:
================

Operating System:
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Install Language: Deutsch (Deutschland)
System Locale: Deutsch (Deutschland)

System Model:
Fujitsu Siemens GA-7VASFS
Enclosure Type: Desktop

Processor (a):
1,30 gigahertz AMD Athlon
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Not hyper-threaded

Main Circuit Board (b):
Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-7VASFS
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. F7 08/13/2004

Drives:
160,03 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
128,62 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8162B [CD-ROM drive]
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N [CD-ROM drive]
Floppy Disk Drive
ST3160021A [Hard drive] (160,04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 5JS09SQL, rev 3.04,

Local Drive Volumes:
c: (NTFS on drive 0) 41,94 GB 18,01 GB free
d: (NTFS on drive 0) 118,09 GB 110,61 GB free

Memory Modules:
512 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
Slot 'A0' has 512 MB
Slot 'A1' is Empty
Slot '' has 256 MB

Display:
RADEON 9200 PRO Family (Microsoft Corporation) [Display adapter]
RADEON 9200 PRO SEC Family (Microsoft Corporation) [Display adapter]
CMO A150X1 [Monitor] (15,2"vis, Mai 2002)

Controlers:
Standard-Diskettenlaufwerkcontroller
Primärer IDE-Kanal [Controller] (2x)
Sekundärer IDE-Kanal [Controller] (2x)
Standard-Zweikanal-PCI-IDE-Controller
VIA Bus-Master-IDE-Controller

Bus Adapters:
VIA Rev 5 oder höher USB universeller Hostcontroller (4x)
VIA USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller

Multimedia:
Logitech Microphone (Pro 4000)
Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller
Standardgameport

Communications:
MSP3885-E 56K PCI Modem
Standardmodem
1394-Netzwerkadapter
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Other Misc. Devices:
VIA OHCI-konformer IEEE 1394-Hostcontroller
HID-konformes Benutzersteuergerät (3x)
HID-konformes Gerät (2x)
USB-HID (Human Interface Device) (3x)
Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000
Easy Internet Keyboard
HID-Tastatur [Keyboard]
Microsoft PS/2 Port Mouse (IntelliPoint)
Microsoft USB Wireless Mouse (IntelliPoint)
BlackBerry-Smartphone
Logitech USB Camera (Pro 4000)
Standard-USB-Hub
USB-Massenspeichergerät
USB-Root-Hub (5x)
USB-Verbundgerät (2x)

thanks guys for your time...and best regards to all...

Pls. Analyse My Old Computer Specs! Howdy

descriptionPls. Analyse My Old Computer Specs! EmptyRe: Pls. Analyse My Old Computer Specs!

more_horiz
If it's 10 years old, it is really time to upgrade. It won't be easy finding parts for upgrade in computer shops. Most of them are already obsolete or will be expensive.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Pls. Analyse My Old Computer Specs! Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionPls. Analyse My Old Computer Specs! EmptyRe: Pls. Analyse My Old Computer Specs!

more_horiz
Pls. Analyse My Old Computer Specs! Bow2 well thanks a lot Doc...

being not so computer genious at all...need to have more accurate info about computer upgrading...what things or hardware should i upgrade and what is the best one...and if i want to do it alone to save a penny which is quite expensive here on my location for an expert to do it...i'll be needing some assistance i guess to do the upgrade process...hehehe...if its not so complicated for my not so talented brain for all of this...LOL Pls. Analyse My Old Computer Specs! Wacko2

at least some hints to do it alone...
anyway might need some expert members here i think to guide me a little...

best regards to all...

Pls. Analyse My Old Computer Specs! Peace

more_horiz
Actually, by saying upgrade I meant getting a new PC. Goofy

............................................................................................

more_horiz
hehehe...that's what i thought Doc...i might buy a new one now...just one more...any possible tips too for not the very best but better computer system nowadays? that can use to any way or full activities...

may i ask you personally Doc...do you call your system now almost the best or still there is more better and best computer system out there....can you pass it for me or help me more on this please...

thanks once again...and best regards...

Honored

more_horiz
You could get a system with an Intel i5 CPU, if you don't plays games or do graphic designing, get integrated graphics. I usually prefer building my own desktop, but if it were a laptop, I would choose dell because of the customization options I get by ordering through online.

I would say that my system is average.

more_horiz
thanks once again Doc...

well actually or to tell you frankly i'm not that guy who has such knowledge about all of this or about computer...still learning by reading or researching around internet...

actually since that i said that my table computer (not laptop) is already old i guess...but actually i can still use it on a normal and basic work...but i really want to put it already in rest means i might buy a new one...the problem is if i buy a new one...of course just like the other guy who want also a better one...right? like the one on my mind that i can use it later maybe for games...or anything...something better but not the best one...which are on the market nowadays...like the one you said that you are having an average one...

the problem is i'm having trouble choosing the better one or say almost the best one on the market this days....

like i said i might want to have the system that i can use maybe later for games if i want to or better system that i might use also for music and movies...it might be good maybe also if i can have some things that modern and best gadget....or anything on the system that i dont have on this old system...

like i said i really dont know all about this...or something bothering me which one to choose and buy out there...

thanks and best regards

Honored

more_horiz
If you're gonna use it for games, you will need a dedicated graphics card. You can check Dell's website out, it provides customization options. Typically, the studio desktops will be good enough.

http://dell.com

If you need recommendations, just post here.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum