WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionFreak'n Vista problems after malware and virus removal, need help ASAP!! EmptyFreak'n Vista problems after malware and virus removal, need help ASAP!!

more_horiz
Hello all.

I have a HP Pavilion dv9000 and can't do nothing on it. Problems listed below.

Every browser I used would not parse(show) any of a website's css code ((help with this one is priority to me at the moment))

Recovery Manager no help at all

Can't F11 it, error code

Search features not working

Running backwards(I mean slow!)

Should I go on...... I think you got the picture.

This all occur after my brother used Limewire to download a bunch of crap. Can someone please help tech this machine back to good health.

I removed what I can with Malwarebytes and Spybot, I think something got deleted.

And yes Limewire is coming the heck off of it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by fendy3 on 3rd May 2010, 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Left something out)

descriptionFreak'n Vista problems after malware and virus removal, need help ASAP!! EmptyRe: Freak'n Vista problems after malware and virus removal, need help ASAP!!

more_horiz
I would do a online scan to make sure all your viruese are gone, then if this does not correct the issue and you have the original vista disc that came with your machine I would try to repair the system by placing the vista disc in your cdrom and start from cd after reboot and select r for repair.

If those steps dont work, backup all personal files and do a factory reset\restore!

............................................................................................

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum