WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAntivirus XP won't let me download malware bytes EmptyAntivirus XP won't let me download malware bytes

more_horiz
I'm very new here and know almost nothing about removing anything from my computer. Antivirus XP showed up on my computer today and locked me out of Internet Explorer so I've been using Mozilla Firefox to try and download malware bytes to get everything taken care of and I'm assuming it's the malware that won't let me run the download of malware bytes because everytime i save the file and click "Run" it does absoƖute nothing but it'll let me download other things. I'm using Windows XP. Please help!!!

descriptionAntivirus XP won't let me download malware bytes EmptyRe: Antivirus XP won't let me download malware bytes

more_horiz
Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

descriptionAntivirus XP won't let me download malware bytes EmptyRe: Antivirus XP won't let me download malware bytes

more_horiz
New issue. I didn't have a chance to download anything before the trojan virus appeared on my computer and AVG luckily quarantined it. However I have a feeling it's not all gone and I can't log on to IE or Mozilla unless I go to c:\program files\internet explorer\connection wizard\run inetwiz.exe and then i have to type in my administration password for every page that loads and it refuses to let me download anything because i can't get online and i don't know how to send any downloads that route.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum