WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptioniTunes 9.1: What's changed EmptyiTunes 9.1: What's changed

more_horiz
In a move wholly expected given the imminent release of the iPad, Apple updated iTunes to version 9.1 on Tuesday. Although the primary purpose of the update was to bring iPad compatibility to Apple’s jukebox-and-more media application, other changes—both significant and not-so—came along for the ride. Here’s what’s new and changed.

Bit rate conversion during sync

Once exclusive to the iPod shuffle, iTunes 9.1 includes a Convert Higher Bit Rate Songs To 128 kbps AAC option that works with all iPods and iPhones (and, likely, iPads). This option can be found by selecting an attached iPhone or iPod in iTunes’ Source list and selecting the Summary tab.

More: http://www.macworld.com/article/150193/

descriptioniTunes 9.1: What's changed EmptyRe: iTunes 9.1: What's changed

more_horiz
This update won't even install on my computer. :evil:

more_horiz
I am actually quite tired of continually updating iTunes. I update iTunes like once a month.

more_horiz
I always wonder why they update so much. They should just update at the end of the month.

more_horiz
It is security updates. A lot of malware writers like to exploit iTunes, especially to try to get free songs, phish data from users, inject malware in to iTunes so it infects iPods-iPhone-iPad, etc.

So, the security updates are required to keep users safe.

I wish we did not have to install a new version every time it updates. I get tired of downloading and installing a 93 MB file. Annoyed or Unimpress

more_horiz
Yeah, especially when it takes so long to install.

more_horiz
^^ That's what I'm saying.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum