WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionslow internet use 100% CPU usage Emptyslow internet use 100% CPU usage

more_horiz
Hi. I'm fairly new to internet. I use GoogleChrome (also IE at times). I have wireless internet connection (3G).
Recently intenet connection has become very slow. When connected to internet, the CPU usage is usually 100%, never less than 50%. Even when not connected to the internet, opening and closing files has become painfully slow and CPU usage is high half the time.
I see a time coincidence with many "pavjob.exe" errors coming up.
I ran 2 virus/malware programs which found very little (admanager and doubleclick, which I think are "Yahoo.com" cookies). However, since running these, my system will not restore - as if a major file has been deleted. Whoa!
I've also noticed at times, the CPU usage shows 20% with a peak up to 60% or so every 5 seconds for several minutes at a time. Nothing will open or save while this is happening.
I've checked out earlier similar topics on your site, but they're a little overwhelming with program titles and not-understood words. I don't want to try to follow them and do something destructive.
Can you help, please? Indifferent or Blank

descriptionslow internet use 100% CPU usage EmptyRe: slow internet use 100% CPU usage

more_horiz
These are symptoms that don´t quite sound too well.

If suggest you read this and after that post here.

descriptionslow internet use 100% CPU usage EmptyRe: slow internet use 100% CPU usage

more_horiz
Thanks a lot - I've sent my log to Balthazar now.
Best, Chris

more_horiz
Hi again, I just noticed that, as I switched titles slightly, this has not been logged as "solved".

Thank you very much - it is handled, with your help.

Best, Chris

descriptionslow internet use 100% CPU usage EmptySolved

more_horiz
I found the 'solved' box Thank You! 

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum