WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionTotal PC Defender 2010 EmptyTotal PC Defender 2010

more_horiz
I recently got infected with the Total Pc Defender 2010 and as soon as i start up my computer, everything else gets disabled; the start button, internet, everything. i have windows xp, and even safe mode has gotton disabled. then its only my wallpaper with the Total PC Defender's scanning process and ctrl+alt+del has no effect either. i tried running Rkill from a safe computer through a cd, but am unable to becuase the defenders scanning process starts as soon as windows starts up. PLEASE AID ME TO RID OF THIS VIRUS!!

descriptionTotal PC Defender 2010 EmptyRe: Total PC Defender 2010

more_horiz
Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

more_horiz
but the thing is, is that whenever i startup my computer everything dissapears except for the "scanning process of the pc defender." everything dissapears. the taskbar, the icons, and the keyboard is unresponsive. the only thing left to do is to restart or shut down which i am also helpless with becuase as soon as start up begins, so does this virus leaving everything impaired. i will continue to try other suggestions...

more_horiz
Avira AntiVir Rescue System is a Linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore.

• Download The Avira AntiVir Rescue System from Antivir.de.
  • Just double-click on the rescue system package to burn it to a CD/DVD.
  • Then please use that CD/DVD with Avira Rescue System to boot your computer.
You'll get a boot option to either boot from hard drive or AntiVir Rescue System.
Total PC Defender 2010 2i8vzwo

Press the number 2 on your keyboard to boot into AntiVir Rescue System.

Please wait until drivers are loaded and Main menu shows. Then please select the second option “Scan your system with AntiVir” and hit Enter.
Total PC Defender 2010 33dxve1

Under Configuration, please select Scan all files, Try to repair infected files and Rename files if they cannot be removed?.
Total PC Defender 2010 2aaby46

Then please start the scan.

The Avira AntiVir Rescue System wil now

• repair a damaged system,
  • rescue data,
  • scan the system for virus infections.

more_horiz
AHH SUCCESS!
THANK YOU SO MUCH! AS WE SPEAK I AM TYPING INTO MY FORMER INFECTED COMPUTER, EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE FUNCTIONING CORRECTLY, AND IVE INSTALLED NORTON INTERNET SECURITY INTO IT NOW, THANK YOU AGAIN!

more_horiz
Hello.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum