WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionPlease help, no one else is...Need help with drivers. EmptyPlease help, no one else is...Need help with drivers.

more_horiz
Need help with yellow exclamation points?? Sure could use some help. Long story short, I was trying to update to Service Pack 2 and then 3 on my Gateway Desktop when the whole system came crashing down. XP Home was wiped out and would not even boot back into Safe Mode. Since I have never had an XP Install disk even when I bought the setup, I borrowed a friend's copy of XP Professional and installed it. Now I have both XP versions showing when I start the computer (still will not boot in XP Home) and I have a few problems. Cannot access any of my files from before the crash and have most "Other Devices" not working with the new XP Pro operating system. Bottom line, I have no internet access from the desktop now and six yellow exclamation points popping up on the Device Manager for the Ethernet Controller, Multimedia Audio Controller, the SM Bus Controller, the USB Controller, the USB Cable Modem and the VGA Compatible Video Controller. I am hooked up with a cable modem and have not changed any cabling in back, wireless is still working great for my laptop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Computer was running like a champ for at least 2 years before all of this mess. Be happy to answer any questions about my setup.

Last edited by pgfkap on 10th March 2010, 7:10 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : No replies)

descriptionPlease help, no one else is...Need help with drivers. EmptyRe: Please help, no one else is...Need help with drivers.

more_horiz
Try a program called Driver Genius or Driver Detective!

............................................................................................

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum