WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCannot remove Security Tool - safe mode is infected EmptyCannot remove Security Tool - safe mode is infected

more_horiz
I have a computer infected with security tool. From the second page I think it is the 2010 version. For reference I am running Windows XP SP3. All of the removal guides for security suggest booting into safe mode with networking and then (1) killing the running version of the malware, (2) removing the core files by hand and (3) downloading and running malwarebytes.

My problem is that the malware has infected safe mode. When I log as Administrator, I get the security tool screen and the desktop is locked out. The task manager is also blocked, security tool stops it from running by claiming that it is infected. I tried the trick in one of the guides to reclaim the desktop using start/run and then invoking the desktop with a DOS command (I can't remember the exact command now, something like %UserProfile%\desktop. The command was intercepted and nothing happened.

I can boot the computer to Linux but at this point I don't have a way to recognize the core files of the infection and delete them. I need to be able to either boot the machine from a diskette and run anti-malware tools from the command line or I need to be able to kill the virus somehow from safe mode so that I can follow the instructions in the removal guide.

Thanks in advance for your help.

descriptionCannot remove Security Tool - safe mode is infected EmptyRe: Cannot remove Security Tool - safe mode is infected

more_horiz
Hello.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Cannot remove Security Tool - safe mode is infected DXwU4
Cannot remove Security Tool - safe mode is infected VvYDg
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum