WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionneed advice Emptyneed advice

more_horiz
I think it was the Internet Security 2010 virus i picked up. I got it from piratebay. I have AVG 9.0 virus protection. I accidently hit yes and the virus started downloading to my computer. I got it stopped halfway through the b.s. it does. I have a windows defender program on my computer. I started that program after i got the virus. It picked it up and deleted it, but i was in a hurry and i thought that was it and i stopped the scan short. I don't know if it would have gotten the whole thing or not? I looked all day yesterday for info on this virus and now i don't know what else i can do. I can't restore to an older date. It only restores to the previous day. Ive tried searching for the files in folders but haven't seen anything. I can get to task manager but i do not see the virus running in processes. Luckily i can get on my internet, i can download programs but i cannot open them. I cannot open any exe. files. My AVG wouldn't open, but i managed to scan a file on my computer and it opened the program. I am running a scan now but i don't think it's gonna pick anything up. I can get into safe mode but i still can't open any exe. programs (files) there. When i try to open something i get the message what program do you want to open this with. I think that is about it, i run on windows XP. Any advice would be great. Thanks Kenny

descriptionneed advice EmptyRe: need advice

more_horiz
Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
need advice DXwU4
need advice VvYDg

more_horiz
I downloaded the program and after i click run it goes then i get a pop-up "Open With" and it gives me a list of programs on my computer. I've saved programs yesterday and tried to run them and i keep getting the same pop-up "Open With". If there is a program that will open it, let me know.

more_horiz
Well i figured it out. My first post i said i could not open any exe. files. So today i searched the internet and this website told me the exact way to get to my registry. The very last spot i was taken i had to verify that the registry was correct. Well from researching this piece of crap virus i remember people saying it was a 8 number file. There was 1 folder that had 8 numbers and it looked different from the other 3 folders there. I deleted that folder and now i can open all my exe. files. I am going to post the link below that help me cure my computer, hope it helps someone else. I have Windows XP.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/exefile.htm

more_horiz
Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
need advice DXwU4
need advice VvYDg

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum