WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCan't identify video hardware in Dell Inspiron 9400 EmptyCan't identify video hardware in Dell Inspiron 9400

more_horiz
I had to reinstall Windows XP to get rid of a trojan in an Inspiron laptop, and now I can't enable it to display on an external monitor. There are no display adapters showing in Device Manager, so I opened up the laptop and I do not see what I'm supposed to be seeing according to another web site. There should be either an ATI Radeon or NVIDIA 7800 or 7900 card in there, but I think the spot it should sit in is empty.

Therefore, I'm thinking the video hardware is just on the motherboard, so how do I re-enable the ability to display on another monitor if I can't install a driver for one of the above cards (which I already tried, BTW)?

descriptionCan't identify video hardware in Dell Inspiron 9400 EmptyRe: Can't identify video hardware in Dell Inspiron 9400

more_horiz
go to start click run, type "dxdiag" with out the quotation marks some pop up might come up just click yes. let it load then click the display tab. this should show you all the info for ur graphics card. then u can go on the manufacturer's website and find ur drivers no problem

descriptionCan't identify video hardware in Dell Inspiron 9400 EmptyRe: Can't identify video hardware in Dell Inspiron 9400

more_horiz
I solved my problem by installing the Intel chipset, but thanks. This is a good tool.

more_horiz
your welcom Big Grin

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum