WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows Vista unable to load EmptyWindows Vista unable to load

more_horiz
When I boot up my pc, windows fails to start up because of a recent hardware or software change. When I choose to launch startup repair this comes up "This application has failed to start because MSIMG.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." I click ok and the process begins, but it cannot find my OS. I can't load drivers because I don't have a recovery disk. The next window lets me choose startup repair, system restore, windows complete system restore, windows memory diagnostic tool, and command prompt. Command prompt works, I ran chkdsk, and tried to run sfc/scannow but it wouldn't work because the system restore was in progress, apparently. The startup repair and system restores don't work I get this window "This application has failed to start because XmlLite.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." Is there anyway I can get around this to try and save the files on the pc? Or at least reload Vista and get it working? I can get into regedit from cmd, I don't know if that helps.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

descriptionWindows Vista unable to load EmptyRe: Windows Vista unable to load

more_horiz
Is there anything anyone can do? Or do I need a new OS, or possibly new hardware? It's been about a week and I would like to know if I can save this computer so I can move on.

Thanks in advance

more_horiz
Try "windows complete system restore"

............................................................................................

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+

more_horiz
none of the options windows gives me work, except for command prompt.

more_horiz
You can start System Restore from a command prompt window if you can't start your computer in any mode other than safe mode with command prompt.

1.Start your computer in safe mode with command prompt. For more information, see Start your computer in safe mode.

2.At the command prompt, type rstrui.exe, and then press ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this helps!

............................................................................................

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+

more_horiz
First
ISOBurner this will allow you to burn OTLPE ISO to a cd and make it bootable. Just install the program, from there on in it is fairly automatic. Instructions

Second
  • Download OTLPE.iso and burn to a CD using ISO Burner. NOTE: This file is 292Mb in size so it may take some time to download.
  • When downloaded double click and this will then open ISOBurner to burn the file to CD
  • Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.

Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
  • Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
  • Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
  • When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
  • When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
  • Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
  • OTL should now start. Change the following settings
    • Change Drivers to Non-Microsoft
    • Press Run Scan to start the scan.
    • When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\_OTL\MovedFiles
    • Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system
    • Please post the contents of the OTL.txt file in your reply.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum