WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNew to Me Uninstall McAfee Install Suggestions EmptyNew to Me Uninstall McAfee Install Suggestions

more_horiz
New to me Dell notebook that has McAfee installed that needs to be updated. Alternatively, thinking it might be better to completely delete and reinstall something else like AVG and Malwarebytes. Does this should like a good plan and if so suggestions on how to accomplish would be big help.

descriptionNew to Me Uninstall McAfee Install Suggestions EmptyRe: New to Me Uninstall McAfee Install Suggestions

more_horiz
Okay I think I found the answer to part of my question on how to uninstall McAfee, but do not want to do that before you as the experts provide me with some guidance as the better alternatives for virus protection. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

descriptionNew to Me Uninstall McAfee Install Suggestions EmptyRe: New to Me Uninstall McAfee Install Suggestions

more_horiz
Okay think that I have found your solution for McAfee removal. But before I leave myself without virus protection, am I on the right track with AVG and Malwarebytes? Should they be installed before I remove the McAfee so that I can avert confusion. Also where in the process would Adware be installed. Finally, how can you tell real updates from fake updates. In reading and trying to digest some of the posts, it appears there are updates that are not the real deal. Thanks in advance for your help. It is appreciated.

more_horiz
Yes, MBAM would be good along side AVG. The warning is real assuming you still have no AV installed.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
New to Me Uninstall McAfee Install Suggestions DXwU4
New to Me Uninstall McAfee Install Suggestions VvYDg

more_horiz
Would I be better to remove first the old and then install the new as long as I do it all in one session or can I install and then delete to cover even minute type lapses. Thanks

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum