WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSecurity 2010 + others happening EmptySecurity 2010 + others happening

more_horiz
Hi,

My dad is 72 and he clicked on all the security alerts that poped up on his Computer, I tried running Anti-virus software, everything seems to be disabled, if I try to download Malwarebytes, or Hijackthis I get redirected, I tried to follow the post on removing the Security 2010 thing, but when I hit the Control.Shift, Esc it tells me that the Admin has disabled the task manager. I do not have a memory stick right now to load Malware Bytes or Hijackthis. when I first turn the computer on it gives me the options F1 or Delete. I thought it was F8 or 12 ... I tried all of them trying to get it in safe mode, but no luck. My father is running Windows XP. Tomorrow morning I should be able to get a stick and hopefully instal Hijackthis and send you a copy of what is happening with his computer. Please and Thanks

descriptionSecurity 2010 + others happening EmptyRe: Security 2010 + others happening

more_horiz
Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that.

descriptionSecurity 2010 + others happening EmptyRe: Security 2010 + others happening

more_horiz
Well now I have done it.... I put combofix on my stick and dropped it on the desktop of my dads computer, it said the files were corrupt and I would have to download it again, but now I have no icons on the desktop only the windows xp green background screen.. way out of my depth here.

more_horiz
Does task manager work? Try Ctrl+Alt+Delete.

more_horiz
no I tried crtl+Alt+Del, nothing ... not even the message to tell me that the Administrator had disabled Task Manager like when I hit Crtl+Shift+Esc .. there are no icons on the screen, all that comes up is their warning that the computer is at risk ... Personel Security... seems like every time I try to do something it is blocking it, ie.. blocked websites with any malware removal from opening, so I could download from the site, then once I dropped Combofix on the desktop and tried to open it, it said the files was corrupt and I would have to download it again, but then all of the icons from the desktop disappeared, if I place anything on the desktop it also disappears... really kinda frustrating...

more_horiz
These are links to Anti-virus vendors that offer free LiveCD or Rescue CD files that are used to boot from for repair of unbootable and damaged systems, rescue data, scan the system for virus infections. Burn it as an image to a disk to get a bootable CD. All (except Avira) are in the ISO Image file format. Avira uses an EXE that has built-in CD burning capability.
If you are not sure how to burn an image, please read How to write a CD/DVD image or ISO. If you need a FREE utility to burn the ISO image, download and use ImgBurn.

Let me know how it goes.

more_horiz
Ok so I ran the Avari Antivir Rescue System, I went back into the Boot system and changed it back to Floppy disc as the #1 and CD Rom as 2, but it is telling me that the disc is invalid, so I have to re install XP now ? I tried to copy the log file but in the command box it kept telling me that /mnt was not valid.

more_horiz
Use your XP CD, and enter the Recovery Console, which is R at the prompt (Repair).

When you get to the Recovery Console prompt, type cd \ and press "Enter".

Type cd system~1\_resto~1 and press "Enter".

Type dir and press "Enter".

After
you press enter you will see a list of folders (like rp1, rp2) If the
list of restore points has more than one page then press the "Enter" key until you reach the end of the list

Type cd rp {number of the second to last folder in the list} and press "Enter".
Note: Example: cd rp9 if the last restore point is rp10

Type cd snapshot and press "Enter".

Type copy _registry_machine_system c:\windows\system32\config\system and press "Enter".

Type copy _registry_machine_software c:\windows\system32\config\software and press "Enter".

Type exit and press "Enter".

Your PC will reboot.

=======================

If you get an access denied error when doing the above, then do the following at the recovery console:

Type cd \ and press "Enter".

Type cd windows\system32\config and press "Enter".

Type ren system system.bak and press "Enter".

Type exit and press "Enter".

Your PC will reboot, go back into the Recovery Console and start from the beginning.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum