WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionhelp needed- Unmounted_Boot_Volume Emptyhelp needed- Unmounted_Boot_Volume

more_horiz
I shut my computer down last night and when I started it this morning, it goes to the Windows XP screen and then flashes blue screen and keeps restarting. Tried on safe mode and even in last known good config but its the same thing. Disabled auto restart to see what problem on a file and gives the name which is unmountable_boot_volume.

Under that it has info like if first time this message then restart etc and then it says this

"*** STOP: 0X000000 (0X85435840, 0XC0000006 0X00000000 0X00000000)"

descriptionhelp needed- Unmounted_Boot_Volume EmptyRe: help needed- Unmounted_Boot_Volume

more_horiz
Hello,

If you can't boot into normal and safe mode, you have to perform a repair or reinstall of Windows. Do you have your XP disc?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

help needed- Unmounted_Boot_Volume Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionhelp needed- Unmounted_Boot_Volume EmptyRe: help needed- Unmounted_Boot_Volume

more_horiz
I had a system recovery folder that had come with the computer to which I had made a disc, That I have.

more_horiz
Hello,

Insert your recovery CD, you can try to perform a repair first. If it doesn't work, you have to revert back to factory state where you will loose all of your data.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
How do I go about doing this....sorry I am not illiterate when it comes to computers

Ok...I put the recovery CD in and it tells me NTLDR missing and press Alt CTRL DEL to restart...what do I do now

more_horiz
Hello,

What is the brand of your PC?

more_horiz
It is an Averatec 7170 with Windows XP Media Edition

more_horiz
Hello,

Keep tapping F4 to boot into the recovery partition to perform a recovery.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum