WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionare we alone in the universe/or not.implications thereof. Emptyare we alone in the universe/or not.implications thereof.

more_horiz
for instance ,scenario 1 .................10000 years have elapsed,we have colonised other galaxies,not a sign of life....scenario 2........on a recently visited planet,or a moon,a single artifact is found,clearly manufactured,from materials unknown to us.what are the religious implications of either.on the other hand how much of the universe must we look at before we can say"no life here"

Last edited by thomasvladimir on 13th January 2010, 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

descriptionare we alone in the universe/or not.implications thereof. EmptyRe: are we alone in the universe/or not.implications thereof.

more_horiz
Umm. I don't know. I doubt it.

descriptionare we alone in the universe/or not.implications thereof. EmptyRe: are we alone in the universe/or not.implications thereof.

more_horiz
I believe there are other lifeforms out here. Let me think

more_horiz
im with Doc on this...

more_horiz
lol

more_horiz
This universe is so big, there's a very high chance that there are other sentient beings out there.

more_horiz
to the 5 replies to my question,what are the implications,theological etc. ?

more_horiz
psychological,alone=despair?..others=fear,impetus to exploration?commercial interest in space travel??alone=seed for universe?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum