WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionsafe removal of external hard drive Emptysafe removal of external hard drive

more_horiz
Hello :smile2:

So, I have a new dell laptop, and windows 7 installed on it. The problem is when I unplug my usb-powered external hard drive. I eject it, and it says it is safe to remove it, but I still hear it working, and when I unplug it, it's like power suddenly disappeared, there is some sound. What can I do about this?

Thank you

descriptionsafe removal of external hard drive EmptyRe: safe removal of external hard drive

more_horiz
Does your external hard drive require an extra lead for the main plugs? or is it just one wire to the laptop?

............................................................................................

descriptionsafe removal of external hard drive EmptyRe: safe removal of external hard drive

more_horiz
Hello

It's just one wire to the laptop.
I forgot to say, when I safely remove it from my old computer with windows xp, it stops working properly, I can hear it stop.
I found this on the internet:

http://sekharpadikkal.wordpress.com/2009/12/14/safely-remove-an-external-hard-diskusb-thumb-drive-in-windows-7/

It's just like my problem, but I don't really understand it. Maybe you'll find it useful

Thank you

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum