WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionShutdown without warning. Its not a bluescreen EmptyShutdown without warning. Its not a bluescreen

more_horiz
I have a windows vista with SP2. Sometimes I'll be on the internet or what not and all of a sudden the computer shuts down and restarts. It's not a blue screen of death or anything. It would use get a Blue screen of death before I Updated to SP2 but now It just shuts down without warning and restarts.

descriptionShutdown without warning. Its not a bluescreen EmptyRe: Shutdown without warning. Its not a bluescreen

more_horiz
Hello,

It's most probably a overheating problem or hardware failure pointing to the motherboard. Ensure that your computer has good ventilation, nothing are blocking it's vents, no dust etc.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Shutdown without warning. Its not a bluescreen Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionShutdown without warning. Its not a bluescreen EmptyRe: Shutdown without warning. Its not a bluescreen

more_horiz
Ok thanks. But, how do i find out if it has a hardware failure pointing to the motherboard? Should I go to a professional to find out or can a software or program find out, or can i just do this manually; because I'm pretty sure it's not a overheating problem cause I'll use it for about 1 or 2 hours and it shuts down. Also because I've used the computer for 5-6 hours and it won't restart
So what do I do Doctor Inferno?

more_horiz
Hello,

Another possibility could be malware. Read this: http://www.geekpolice.net/-t3821.htm

And open a new topic here for a checkup: http://www.geekpolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/

If the Tech from the malware removal forum says you computer clean of malware then it should be a motherboard, or power supply unit (PSU) problem which would be difficult for us to troubleshoot because of the lack of testing parts.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Shutdown without warning. Its not a bluescreen Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Ok thanks then ill probaly just clean the vents in the computer and make sure thier is no dust because theyre probaly os becuase I havent cleaned it in about 3 years.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum