WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAntivirus Live is killing me EmptyAntivirus Live is killing me

more_horiz
I have a serious problem with the Antivirus Live malware, which is all over my XP machine. I am unable to run Hijack This (brings up the message "Application cannot be executed. The file hijackthis.exe is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?") This happens if I change the filename to anything else, as well.

Same problem for running malwarebytes, ccleaner, etc.

Also, I can't boot in safe mode. It brings the message "we apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this." And only will let me boot up as normal.

Right now i'm looking for solutions via a friend's computer but everything is requiring running safe mode, which I can't do! Ugh!

descriptionAntivirus Live is killing me EmptyRe: Antivirus Live is killing me

more_horiz
Please download the current version of HijackThis from HERE

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

more_horiz
Thanks for the reply.

I still was unable to run hijack this, because the malware won't let me open any applications. I tried again booting into Safe mode and got the error that it was unable to boot in safe mode.

Taking advice from another site, I put in my windows installation CD and ran a repair. This has made things much worse, as now the computer won't boot up at all. Now when I boot up, I get a split-second blue screen before the computer cycles back to reboot again. This continues endlessly.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum