( do not have malware or virus) I have a new hp computer/windows 7 . when I open any program the desktop goes white, sometimes it will show the taskbar. otherwise I have to push the windows logo on the key board to bring up the taskbar and start menu to operate. Nothing freezes. I can do what ever I want, but to see the desktop I have to click taskbar then show desktop, but then all programs of course disappear. I have one or the other. When I check the processes, I see two explorer 32 bit, so I end one of the processes and my desk top comes back, untill I turn off my computer and restart it. I know I need two internet explorers . one is 64 bit and one is 32 bit, in case I need to open older programs. I used to get a notice on my desktop that internet explorer quit working after the screen goes white, but I do not even use internet explorer, I use firefox, and it is my default browser. I did not think a browser could give you a complete white screen . I also went in and unchecked every thing except what I needed to start up in msconfig. I just restarted my computer and no internet explorers wrer listed in the processes. I still figure I will get the white screen at random.

Last edited by noffman on 30th December 2009, 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I tried to edit the start menu since I posted)