WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionConnected to Internet.... But can't browse EmptyConnected to Internet.... But can't browse

more_horiz
I had this problem a few weeks ago where my network adapter would connect, but i would not be able to use the internet.
I fixed this issue by resetting my ip address to the normal 192.168.1.1 and it worked fine for a few weeks, but now the problem is back.

I reset the ip address, but that didnt work.

I think there might be somethign wrong with the DNS settings.

When I repair the connection I get stuck on the clearing the DNS cache.

WHen I try to do a cmd ipconfig /FlushDns It says it is unable to clear the cache.

ALso i checked the services and the DNS is on and set to Auto.

Let me know if you have any ideas on how to fix this problem.

descriptionConnected to Internet.... But can't browse EmptyRe: Connected to Internet.... But can't browse

more_horiz
Open CMD, Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults by typing: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults by typing: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Restart your PC.

If it doesn't work, download Winsock XP Fix from here, save it to your Desktop.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

Double click on the exe on your Desktop.
Press the "Fix" button, then restart again.

See if you can connect now.

............................................................................................

Connected to Internet.... But can't browse V45u80

descriptionConnected to Internet.... But can't browse Emptyconnect wireless no browse

more_horiz
i'm currents using my desktop pc and its says i have a virus but today its working but my problem is with my sons laptop its connects wireless but cant get internt explores yahoo goggle cant browse

descriptionConnected to Internet.... But can't browse EmptyRe: Connected to Internet.... But can't browse

more_horiz
Try winsockfix on your sons laptop too.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
I tried this and it didnt work.

I actually just got this problem on my laptop too, and when i tried to diagnose the problem is said something was wrong with the DNS settings just like it did on the desktop, but I was able to fix it on my laptop by resetting the DNS.

more_horiz
Which brand of laptop you have ?

more_horiz
Dell Inspiron laptop.

The desltop is an HP.

more_horiz
I realized that on the desktop if you try to obtain a ip/dns address automatically it will try to connect for awhile and then it will say limited or no connectivity.

The only time It will connect is if I manually enter an ip and dns address.

Does that help at all?

more_horiz
I know for sure its my DNs settings, but I just don't know how to fix it.

I'll probably just have to take it to get fixed. Unless you guys can help me. ANy idea on how much this will cost.

more_horiz
after a little more research I tried to PING a few ip addresses and noe of them worked besides 127.0.0.1 which is some sort of loopback ip.

more_horiz
Your network isn't well configured, can you delete your Network connection and try to set it again. Also, try to Disable Firewall for moment, enable it again later.

more_horiz
I dont know how i forgot this, but last week i had a virus called antivirus live.

I didnt think this was the problem because i thought i had interent after i removed it, but im too sure.

How do I figure out if this is still the problem. .

more_horiz
mtt0216, have you tried running winscok?

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Connected to Internet.... But can't browse Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
I have a Gateway laptop (uses Windows XP) that got a nasty Trojan virus over the Thanksgiving holidays. I couldn't even operate in safe mode, so I had to take it to Geek Squad to get it fixed. Since I got it back, I am not able to connect to my wireless network (or LAN for that matter, although it connected at Geek Squad). My husband's laptop connects, so I know it's not a problem with the network. I have tried everything, including the advice below to no avail. I tried connecting manually, which works as far as saying that I'm connected, but I can't actually browse. Any advice? I have spent way too many days and hours on this.

"Open CMD, Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults by typing: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults by typing: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Restart your PC. If it doesn't work, download Winsock XP Fix from here, save it to your Desktop.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

Double click on the exe on your Desktop.
Press the "Fix" button, then restart again.

See if you can connect now."

Last edited by mayre160 on 4th January 2010, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)

more_horiz
Here's a doozy.....I have a MacBookPro running OSX as well as VMWare Fusion for Windows. Up until recently, I've had no issue connecting to a wireless network. I can connect to my wireless router, run Skype without an issue but cannot browse in either Windows or Mac mode. We have 4 other notebooks in the home (MacBook, Toshiba and 2 Dell's) and all connect without issue Thanks in advance for your reply!!

more_horiz
Im back to try and get this fixed again.

I'm gonna run winsock xp fix again and see what it does.

more_horiz
Ok that didnt work so I have no clue what to do.

I've been in the in the virus sections running scans to see i fI have some sort of virus that would cause this but so far nothing has come up.

more_horiz
I am having much the same problem only a few differences for one I am using Windows 7, two the problem is only present while on a wireless connection. My laptop is only about a month old and has had no malware/virus alerts from Windows nor My anti-virus. I have tried disabling the firewall, and resetting winsock with CMD and with a winsockfix for 7 to no avail. When connected through an Ethernet cable I can browse fine. I am completely stumped as well.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum