WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionError Starting On Demand Scanner EmptyError Starting On Demand Scanner

more_horiz
When I run McAfee, I get this message. I have tried uninstalling completely, and reinstalling but the problem persists. I have also tried McAfee virtual technician which reported a registry error, but I fixed this and the problem still persists. When I try to run AdAware and Spybot, they both report something to the effect of not being able to connect to the system, so I assume this is a windows problem.

descriptionError Starting On Demand Scanner EmptyRe: Error Starting On Demand Scanner

more_horiz
Please download the latest version of Kaspersky GetSystemInfo (GSI) from Kaspersky and save it to your Desktop.
Error Starting On Demand Scanner Icon13 Please close all other applications running on your system.

Please double click GetSystemInfo.exe to open it.

Click the Settings button.Error Starting On Demand Scanner 2hd457o

Error Starting On Demand Scanner 34gul1w

Set it to Maximum

Error Starting On Demand Scanner 2n9gldh

Error Starting On Demand Scanner Icon13 IMPORTANT! Then please click Customize - choose Driver / Ports tab and uncheck Scan Ports.

Click Create Report to run it.Error Starting On Demand Scanner 2ekm73m

It will create a zip folder called GetSystemInfo_XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.zip on your Desktop. Please upload the folder to Kaspersky GSI Parser and click the Submit button.

Please copy and paste the url of the GSI Parser report (not the log) in your next reply.

descriptionError Starting On Demand Scanner EmptyRe: Error Starting On Demand Scanner

more_horiz
http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file=ce9c673c864ca638dcccbed98b3ec741&ms=0

more_horiz
When I followed the above instructions, the program ran for almost 5 hours and made no progress, so I closed it down and clicked another GetSystemInfo link that reported it instantly. I didn't, however, adjust the settings you asked me too, nor did I exclude the scan

more_horiz
Do you have the McAfee install disk?

more_horiz
My McAfee Is a special edition from AOL. Here is the link:

Last edited by JordanDryce on 16th December 2009, 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
http://us.mcafee.com/root/runapplication.asp?appaffid=565&productkey=E47A0215-0F41-4878-9EEB-AB8008AF3EEC&pkg_id=299&wt_pkg_id=299

more_horiz
So, you are able to access the installer?

As long as you can, we can proceed.

more_horiz
Yes I am

more_horiz
Please download and run MCPR.exe

1. Download the removal tool from: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe
  2. Click Save and save the file to a folder on your computer.
  3. Navigate to the folder where the file was saved.
  4. Make sure all McAfee windows are closed.
  5. Double-click MCPR.exe to run the removal tool.

NOTE: Windows Vista users must right-click MCPR.exe and select Run as Administrator.
  6. Restart your computer after receiving the message CleanUp Successful.
    Your McAfee product will not be fully removed until the system is restarted.

==

Then, reinstall the product.

more_horiz
Done, and problem persists

more_horiz
Please navigate to this webpage: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222 and see the section "Fix it for me" and click the Microsoft Fix-It button. This will download a fix utility to repair the security settings on your computer, due to damages of malware or other harmful system changes. Install the file after download.

Then, let me know if it exists.

more_horiz
When I downloaded, installed, and opened the file my computer displayed the following error:
"There is a problem with the Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personal or package vendor."

more_horiz
Please download ComboFix Error Starting On Demand Scanner Combofix from BleepingComputer.com

Rename ComboFix.exe to commy.exe before you save it to your Desktop
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools A guide to do this can be found here
  • Click Start then copy paste the following command into the search box & hit enter: "%userprofile%\desktop\commy.exe" /stepdel
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. This will not install in Vista. Just continue scanning, and skip the console install.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the contents of C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum