WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Egg or Chicken?

+16
Bestiie
hairyboy
xpreetzo
icytaizi
therarebluerose
dhruvbaid
fatguy
lickinlick
dino_domino
zaviershk
rattakua
Safan
TeReX
Biglowz
Doctor Inferno
Agent Cosmic
20 posters

pollDid the Egg or Chicken Came First?

Egg
84%
Chicken
16%
Total Votes:

descriptionEgg or Chicken? EmptyEgg or Chicken?

more_horiz
Which do you think came first? The egg or the chicken? Why?

AN EGG
A chicken wouldn't be able to grow without being in an egg, if not how would it eat? It might be possible for an egg to be produced but mutated form something else. Maybe it was fertilized by a wrong father. Let me think

............................................................................................

Egg or Chicken? Segmen10

FunSubstance is the place to go for daily entertainment.

descriptionEgg or Chicken? EmptyRe: Egg or Chicken?

more_horiz
erm, it's probably an egg. or er... the chicken?

it's quite difficult to think actually... probably a micro organism? i don't know. Let me think

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Egg or Chicken? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Dude.. =.= i dont think either came first.. Since god made everything we'll only know the answer when we go to heaven.. Cheesy Grin (sparkly

Just for fun.. i'd say the egg.. cause without the egg there would be no chicken, i noe you might say without chickens there'd be no egg.. of course god made the first egg XD Honored

(Start small) LOL Banner

My wish.. Taemos~
I can dream can't I?

Egg or Chicken? Taeng-10
Credits to crappynco

more_horiz
i'd say egg, but a single cell egg.

more_horiz
And so it seems that so far everyone agrees that it's the egg. No oppositions?

Egg or Chicken? Segmen10

more_horiz
Hmm.. to spice things up alittle.. I OPPOSE!!

P.S : I already voted Awesome (sparkly)

My wish.. Taemos~
I can dream can't I?

Egg or Chicken? Taeng-10
Credits to crappynco

more_horiz
during the fertilisation of the egg it would seem most likely the evolution to develop to create the chicken of which we know of today Let me think

more_horiz
Something like mixing different eggs with different sperms? Let me think

Egg or Chicken? Segmen10

more_horiz
i say both. Cheesy Grin (sparkly

Hello there. Smile...

more_horiz
I'd say egg Let me think

more_horiz
I think the most logical is egg.

more_horiz
I voted for egg.

more_horiz
I voted for egg.

more_horiz
I voted for egg, since it is the highest %

more_horiz
i guess it is egg too.

more_horiz
I strongly think that it is Chicken. voted chicken

more_horiz
Finally we got an opposition. Cheesy Grin (sparkly

Egg or Chicken? Segmen10

more_horiz
I even strongly than you think it is egg. XD

more_horiz
egg take the lead! Hooray!

more_horiz
I voted egg

more_horiz
Probably egg, i guess.

more_horiz
voted egg.. i think it's the closest.

more_horiz
Well in blibical terms its would be the chicken as God say the created animals first...However in the owrld of science both answers can be right or worng as there is no solid prove of which came first!

Cheers
GT

more_horiz
Evolution made both come at the same time maybe...

more_horiz
If chicken were to come first. Then it would not grow as there is not yolk/egg white to eat.

Egg or Chicken? Segmen10

more_horiz
I say chicken cause God created all the humans and living things yeah so the chicken came first den the egg LOL why would the Egg come first? Dinosaur left the egg there and tadah!!! Over years it change into a chicken egg? LOL

more_horiz
After you are done reading this, your thinking will never be the same.

According to the thery of evolution, two living creatures of close to the same DNA mate, to create a different yet simeler creature.

I actually spent about 4 months of constant research in an attemtp to understand and correctly answer this very question.

Most of the antiant creatures laid eggs as most where lizzards and fish (Putting it simply).
But there where a few mammles who did not lay eggs. But was it a lizzard, or a mammle? Or is a chicken both?

The humble chicken is classified as a bird, but how was the bird made?

Half way through my research I came to an answer. The chicken has reptialian skin, but the features of a mammle. Logicly, that says that it was a cross between both...

The thing is, was the female lizzard, or mammle? If it was mammle, then the chicken was born dry, thus coming first. But if the female was lizzard, then the chicken would have been born as an egg.

Any creature gets 66% of its mothers features, thus, whichever it had more of, would be the mother.
Taking that into account, I figured out that the chicken has more mammle then lizzard. The only lizzard features it has, are skaily feet and lays eggs. However, its skin, eyes, movement, matting patterns, and beak came from a mammle. Thus, its mother was a mammle.

Therefore, the only logical thing to conclude is.....

The chicken came before the egg!
Honored

more_horiz
hmmm... Very interesting. But, look what I found:

-Science and Evolution

Species change over time in the process of evolution. Since DNA can only be modified before birth, a mutation must have taken place at conception or within an egg such that an animal similar to a chicken, but not a chicken, laid the first chicken egg.

However, a mutation in one individual is not normally considered a new species. A speciation event involves the separation of one population from its parent population, so that interbreeding ceases; this is the process whereby domesticated animals are genetically separated from their wild forebears. The whole separated group can then be recognized as a new species.

The modern chicken was believed to have descended from another closely related species of birds, the red junglefowl, but recently discovered genetic evidence suggests that the modern domestic chicken is a hybrid descendant of both the red junglefowl and the grey junglefowl. Assuming the evidence bears out, a hybrid is a compelling scenario that the egg came before the chicken.

Syntax In a manner of avoiding the question or joking, it can be said that "the chicken" came first—in the structure of the question, simply because the words "the chicken" are said before the words "the egg" when the question is asked. In a question that is phrased differently, the answer would be different. Similarly, Randy Garner jokingly refers to an encyclopedic solution:

"These supporters call attention to the Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary (2001). Upon careful examination of the entries and accompanying definitions, one can accurately assert that “chicken” is found on page 232, while “egg” is not found until page 398. Therefore, according to this argument, chicken clearly comes before egg.

It is a question that has vexed philosophers since the Greeks. But it seems we may now have the answer to the beguilingly simple question: "Which came first?" It's the egg.

This reassuring conclusion was the work of an expert panel including a philosopher, geneticist and chicken farmer.

"Whether chicken eggs preceded chickens hinges on the nature of chicken eggs," said panel member and philosopher of science David Papineau at King's College London.

"I would argue it's a chicken egg if it has a chicken in it. If a kangaroo laid an egg from which an ostrich hatched, that would surely be an ostrich egg, not a kangaroo egg. By this reasoning, the first chicken did indeed come from a chicken egg, even though that egg didn't come from chickens.".....

Hmmm... The question remains then... Chicken or Egg??

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Egg or Chicken? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
@ Jerry and Doctor,
Indeed those are some logical explanation. I am quite willing to believe that it was the egg which cam first, but still there is no evidence to support our believe.

Any creature gets 66% of its mothers features, thus, whichever it had more of, would be the mother.
Taking that into account, I figured out that the chicken has more mammle then lizzard. The only lizzard features it has, are skaily feet and lays eggs. However, its skin, eyes, movement, matting patterns, and beak came from a mammle. Thus, its mother was a mammle.

A good idea on a mixture of genes. But the question is how or why would they end up together? Could they have mated?

Species change over time in the process of evolution. Since DNA can only be modified before birth, a mutation must have taken place at conception or within an egg such that an animal similar to a chicken, but not a chicken, laid the first chicken egg.

If a kangaroo laid an egg from which an ostrich hatched, that would surely be an ostrich egg, not a kangaroo egg. By this reasoning, the first chicken did indeed come from a chicken egg, even though that egg didn't come from chickens.

That's the support for the possible case where egg come first. the second quote explains that the first quote should be the egg which came first.

Egg or Chicken? Segmen10

more_horiz
Exactly.

Though scientific studies show that it could have been eather, there is far more proof pointing at egg...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum