WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAntiVirus Live EmptyAntiVirus Live

more_horiz
I am also having problems with AntiVirus Live having infected my computer. I tried downloading and running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, but Antivirus live won't allow the anti-malware program to run (although it appeared to install ok). Help please!!

descriptionAntiVirus Live EmptyRe: AntiVirus Live

more_horiz
Please download the current version of HijackThis from HERE

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
AntiVirus Live DXwU4
AntiVirus Live VvYDg

more_horiz
I am unable to install HJT...Antivirus live gives me a "security warning" saying "Application cannot be executed. The file winlogon.scr is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?"

more_horiz
See if this will run.
Please download exeHelper from one of the two links.
Link 1
Link 2

• Double-click on exeHelper.com or exeHelper.scr to run the fix.
  • A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
  • Post the contents of log.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com)
Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
AntiVirus Live DXwU4
AntiVirus Live VvYDg

more_horiz
Thank you for your help, but I seem to have solved the problem myself. Because Antivirus live was blocking both HJT and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from running, I found a way around it. I restarted the computer, and as soon as I could, right-clicked on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, then clicked on task manager. Under "processes" I made sure "all users" was clicked, then found the process called (some random letters)sysguard.exe and ended that process. I re-checked to make sure there were no more "sysguard.exe" processes. Then I was able to open the control panel and internet options, and change the LAN settings (under connections) to uncheck "use a proxy". Finally, I was able to re-install Malwarebytes, and run it. It found and removed 6 threats, and everything seems to be working fine now! This may be a simple fix for others who have the same problem...if you can open task manager and stop the process before it has time to block you from opening task manager or doing anything else, it seems to work around it! Thanks for your help.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum