WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Remove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide]

+55
dklahn4
blizzard
webmafia
lozfiddes
sylviapack
til601
onlyonesweetpea
Dr Jay
Denis-huahin
poprex911
kjb917
Vineda
wish4simpletechnology
jbrown09
countryloghomes
cedor04
Vanilla
chrmd03
femmenik
TonyR
OktoberSky
NOOB9876
The Vacuumist
patrick1
annikbirnbaum
Hummer 81
brentalous@gmail.com
jamiedee1999
escal_team
newgeek2010
nb2010
BillFleming01
Liquid_snake
jkrank82
AtiMan
sparker781
Doobie1357
queenbee
gingers2sweet
bill27
maximillio
marten_larsson
LDukey
bakersdozen
pivve
0s1r1s
jay jones
taylordewd
Mr. M
norjeff
DarkS0ul
murph23
hcp72
Muxiop
Doctor Inferno
59 posters

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 2 EmptyRe: Remove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
I used Malwarebytes to remove, but now I've noticed when I boot up my PC it's takes a little over a minute for anything to even come up or respond. Also I still have "FindGala" search engine on Firefox instead of Google.

I run Malwarebytes again but it doesn't pick up any malicious software now... any suggestions?

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 2 EmptyInternet security 2010 virus

more_horiz
I got this virus last night I was able to get it removed but now the warning is stuck on on windows screen any ideas how to fix that?

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 2 EmptyNo luck

more_horiz
I'm a total newb. Saw this URL on a different website when I was looking for a solution...

I was able to download MBAM and I did a quick scan, let it restart... when it restarted, the taskbar froze up, and my desktop was still obviously infected. I rebooted again, hit F8, and tried to enter safe mode. Blue screen. I think my computer has succumbed to its wounds. I should probably reformat and reinstall Windows, but I don't have any OS software. I guess I'll have to take it to a technician. :-)

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 2 EmptyRe: Remove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
Hey everyone. Im new to geek police, just signed up becos havin real bad difficulties with internet security 2010 and nt authority system shutdown. They have taken over my computer and i can't do anything to combat it that works. Task manager wont even come up anymore, nor will the start up bar. Really stuck and would appreciate advice becos i am a novice at this stuff. Many Thanks.

more_horiz
Oh boy. I just got this bloody virus myself, and I'm having difficulty fixing it. First of all, I am a total noob as far as fixing any kind of problem is concerned, so please bear with me.

I can't even access the Task Manager. when I attempt to, I get an error message stating "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"

At this point, I can't even begin the procedure to get rid of this thing. Anybody have any pointers?

Thanks in advance.

more_horiz
I'm in the exact same position as "The Vacuumist"! I cant even get rid of this thing cause my task manager has been disabled. I dont have the anti-spyware that they suggested but I am currently running my Ad-Aware scan. Is that going to help? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

more_horiz
I got this nasty virus or whatever it is Tuesday night. It said Internet Security 2010, wouldn't let me get to my taskmanager and had a little red circle in my taskbar with a white x in it. I could not do anything in safe mode.

Fortunately I already had Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on my desktop. I somehow got rkill loaded and then smitrem, AVG and highjackthis. I loaded all of these to my desktop to get at them quickly before the stooopid virus could try to block me. Ran rkill, then SmitRem, then MBAM and AVG. Then I ran highjack this and saw stuff for MyWebSearch and got rid of that.

I thought it was all gone but we got a few pop ups the next day. Somehow realized it started in a different user account so I loaded all of the above on that user account and went through the same process. Repeated on all of the other user accounts as well.

Hopefully it is gone now. Rkill stops the darn vrus processes...since I could not get into my Taskbar I had to use that. I'm not sure if I needed to use all of those other tools but it seems to be working okay now.

Good luck everyone. Change all of your passwords on a safe computer!

btw...I also disabled system restore for a while..just in case the virus had gotten in there. It's back on now.
Not trying to tell anyone what to do..just sharing what was happening in hope it helps.

more_horiz
Yeah - I've lost all functionality in my machine too. Usual Internet Security 2010 messages but even in safe mode I only get as far as the BSoD (Blue Scree of Death) where the only option I am allowed is to Shut my computer down. Using F8 or F10 keys I can get into safe mode but I still end up at the same screen (The welcome screen where your only otion isto shutdown). My brain cell has no idea how to get around this - I'd sure appreciate some advice.
Cheers,
TonyR

more_horiz
First of all ... thanks to this site and the insturctions on getting rid of this Internet Security 2010 garbage. So far so good. I wanted to add .. just in case any one else is helped by it.. that when the program first told me that my Task Manager could not be loaded I just did it again really fast .. I saw it come up for a second then go away. Somehow... trying multiple time ( ctrl alt del ) finally got the Task Manager up and it stayed. Just tried different timing. ,, good luck! Does anyoen have any idea yet how to NOT get this thing again?

[quote="The Vacuumist"]

I can't even access the Task Manager. when I attempt to, I get an error message stating "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"

more_horiz
if you can go to the safetay mode you can try to install software that has task manager feature (non windows task manager). this is what i did and succeeded. the software i used is: ,,Glary utilities". try it.

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 2 EmptyInternet Security 2010 Solution Part Deux

more_horiz
Okay.

I turned on my computer and encountered what countless others have.

So, I did a search on my school's internet security website and it gave me a link to Kaspersky Anti-Virus, so i followed the link and installed the program. It has a one month free trial, but the feature that helped me plow through this problem is something under the "Security +" tab that does a Microsoft Windows Settings Troubleshooting task. It fixed the task manager problem to where i could finally end the process to IS2010.exe or the other .exe files.

Kaspersky finally let me remove the Internet Security 2010 pop-ups. And I am also able to go to program files and completely delete the Internet Security 2010 program file.

Now, I'm running a full scan with Kaspersky and it seems to be working, although I am unable to change my desktop - but, I will update if I am able to change my desktop.

Goodluck - this damn thing is a huge pain.

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 2 EmptyIS2010 Cleaning

more_horiz
New user and, unlike many others it seems, I'm not actually here seeking help.

Actually, I showed up by accident while looking for information to make sure I got rid of my own. By the file and registry list, I did. No help needed now.

This morning at about 1:10 am (I got a big eyeful of that time in my system files) my computer was hit out of nowhere. I wasn't browsing much of anything. The websites I had up weren't even normally given to popups, let alone anything malicious in them. So where I got it, I don't know. No e-mail, no IM sends.

At first I thought it was just that Anti Virus 2009 crap. My boss accidentally installed that on the computer at work and I had to clear that. Got rid of it after trial and error in safe mode. I didn't need help then, so I got cocky, thought I could handle this the same way.

Yeah, it bit me hard. It locked task manager, froze up my browser windows (In IE and Mozilla), and even ran itself when I started Safe Mode. When I couldn't delete it like this, it locked me out by making my computer restart everytime I logged in. Seems this is normal behavior.

I was about to give up hope when something occurred to me.

Although my system was pretty much customized, the bulk of it was a factory made preset machine. Compaq, if that's important. I don't know if other machines have the System Recovery application like Compaq does (Recovery, not Restore), but this was a life saver.

By holding F10 during sytem boot-up, it launched the System Recovery. Wiped me back to my base OS (Sorry, Vista...I loved thee), but I can deal. I was getting Windows 7 soon anyways.

Thankfully, it deleted whatever program or registry keys were starting this pain in the butt on start-up, just didn't delete the program itself.

I chose a partial recovery so I didn't lose my files. A simple delete of one annoying unwanted program later, and my machine is clean.

Total time infected: 2 Hours.

If anyone has a Compaq machine (Or similarly-equipped factory-made machine) and can't get the programs they need, or shut this thing down, then System Recovery (Or similar, whatever) works.

Thought I'd throw this out and try to be helpful.

So...

Reboot
Hold F10 during bootup
Choose System Recovery (The tests are useless for this)
Start computer again
Delete IS2010 from Program Files
Empty Recycle Bin
Have a drink to celebrate
Reinstall devices/drivers that got wiped with the registry keys

more_horiz
I'm having trouble with a malware called XP Internet Security 2010. it reconizes the GeekPolice website and blocks me from going to it. I also tried to update my Java and it would not allow it. I have malwarebytes on my system from about 3yrs ago when I had a similar issue, (several people use this computer) I'm messaging on my laptop. This program is not allowing me to open the Malwarebyes either, everytime I try to access a program that will help remove it, it redirects to a screen to download their anti spyware. Please help.
Thank you
Cedor4

more_horiz
nb2010 wrote:
DarkS0ul wrote:
Yes it was one of the first things I fixed:

Fix the path for userinit (Change C:\ to reflect your path): So use the UBCD4win and make sure the path and file are correct. That will fix the login logout loop.

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"Userinit"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\userinit.exe,"

Please excuse my ignorance, but how do you actually go about fixing this? Can someone provide an easier step-by-step guide for this?

Thanks in advance!!!

You need to get some type of boot able cd/dvd/usb like I suggested with an os that will allow you to see the contents of your hard drive and registry files. If you can boot into windows normally then I suggest you go into the reg there and you might be able to change it before this pest gets back into the registry to fix that issue. Yet I always had better luck using these:

UBCDwin:
http://www.ubcd4win.com/
BartPE:
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/
Trinity Rescue Kit:
http://trinityhome.org/Home/index.php?wpid=1&front_id=12
Avira Rescue CD:
http://www.free-av.com/en/tools/12/avira_antivir_rescue_system.html

WARNING: Before you use any of these learn what they do and how they work... hitting the delete command doesn't always help and can even make your system more unstable.

There are tons more that I have used and others suggested (always have more then one in case something goes bad)... if you are really serious about fixing your computer problems you need to learn how the registry works and more important then not keep backups.... Clone your drive transfer your data always have backups. Run your computer as a very limited user all these things and more that everyone here suggests would help you from falling victim to these things. Heck even run a virtual machine for all your surfing...

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 2 Emptyinternet security 2010

more_horiz
Thank you! Had this invade my computer today, not a geek, didn't know what to do. You're download cured my problem!

more_horiz
I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE FILE BUT I CAN NOT GET THE FILE TO OPEN, WHEN YOU SAID GO TO PROGRAM FILES. I DON'T KNOW WERE THAT IS AT CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME

more_horiz
From bleepingcomputer.com ;

Associated Internet Security 2010 Files:

c:\s
c:\Program Files\InternetSecurity2010
c:\Program Files\InternetSecurity2010\IS2010.exe
c:\WINDOWS\system32\41.exe
c:\WINDOWS\system32\winhelper86.dll
c:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon86.exe
c:\WINDOWS\system32\winupdate86.exe
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Internet Security 2010.lnk
%UserProfile%\Desktop\Internet Security 2010.lnk
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Internet Security 2010.lnk

Associated Internet Security 2010 Windows Registry Information:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IS2010
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "Internet Security 2010"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "winupdate86.exe"

My questions:
1. Will it ruin my computer if I manually found these files and deleted them OR would it be better to just re-do Windows XP onto my harddrive?
2. Are these files harmless once Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware program has detected and removed the virus?
3. Is there a way to prevent this virus from reoccuring onto my computer?
4. Can it travel through my Ipod or secondary HDD as I attempt to save some photo's before reinstalling Windows?

Sorry if these have been answered and I appreciate your help!

more_horiz
I downloaded and ran this program, and it's AMAZING so far
had to restart to take care of some infections, and ran the program again after the restart. it showed no infections
Hooray! Thank You!

One question, though...
The stuff that had invaded my taskbar is gone, but I still have the Internet Security 2010 icon on my desktop. I want it gone. It doesn't show up on my Add or Delete Programs, of course. Anything I can do? Can I still be sure that sucker is dead if I've still got it's body sitting on my desktop??

Thanks again for all the help, you guys are LIFESAVERS!!

more_horiz
HELP! I have also been infected with this horrible virus..
It occurred right after I downloaded an Adobe update... The virus has blocked my access to the internet and registry, so I can't do anything there. System restore did not work... wouldn't let me, even though I had created a restore point an hour before the infection.
I tried downloading RF kill and MalwareBytes to USB (on another computer) using the assigned name and then pasting the file into the MalwareBytes program files, but cannot execute. I cannot execute any of my virus software... AVG, Ad-Aware...
I can usually handle some of this.. but I'm at a loss as to what to do! Sad tearing
I can access my taskbar, ended proces on av.exe, but it keeps coming back..
The virus is also present in SAFE mode and keeps popping up there.... I don't have an XP operating disc, either.. :sad:

more_horiz
I got REALLY lucky and my system restore let me restore back to the 9th of February.. The virus APPEARS to be gone, however, I'm running AVG and AdAware right now. Keeping my fingers crossed Yikes

more_horiz
ok i deleteed the internet sucurity 2010 but now i got a picture for my destop that says my pc is infected but its only a picture not any link picture or anything but now my pc wont let me get to task manager and it says that the file is infected and a msg keeps popping up saying to activade a anti virus but i have avg on my pc already and its not expired any one haveing same problems? any help will do :/

and i also cannot get to task manager i tried reneabling it but i cant and i cant get to the place with the run thing under start

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 2 Emptyinternet security 2010

more_horiz
I have benn trying now for 4 hours Spybot, Avast, Malwarebytes, looking for the files to delete nothing can get rid of it, It's on my desktop computer and i'm working on my laptop which helps anyone know a way to get rid???????? help!

more_horiz
For all of you that need help:

Please read this over and click here to open a new topic.

more_horiz
Also infected with IS2010...pc is in a re-boot loop. Need to boot from cd but am nervous as to which cd. I have an original "operating system" "re-installation" cd, but "re-install" scares me. I can't lose what's currently there. Can anybody confirm, either way if this is the correct cd? Also, it's xp sp1, does no sp2 make a difference?

more_horiz
i did get rid of it with Malwarebytes anti-virus but lost CD-Rom drivers so the CD-DVD don't work now and most of my desk top items don't work even if i resend to the desk top maybe i'll find more things lost today.

more_horiz
i got this problem on the 11th of feb. it was my first ever virus dint know what to do. i contacted norton to complain about them not protecting me(stupid of me but i did it any way).
told them everything about it and they want £70 to help me, told them i couldnt afford it so they told me to turn of the pc untill i could do something about it. i asked around and finally i was told about this web site i had every intention on coming on this morning to use your tool to help me get rid of it. my pc was off for 1 week and when i turned it on the morning it was ok all there was, was a notebook page on my desk top tell me Java Runtime Environmente had detected a bug, then i updated my norton ran a full scan and guess what in the week i had turned off my pc, norton as actually came up with a cure and found a trojon horse(2c0b83fe-7fcc8da4) in me java appliacation. all deleted and working fine now. but i will be back to this site to keep updated .

more_horiz
hi i have internet security 2010 on my computer

i have followed the instructions to remove now i cant log on to windows it keeps logging me off can you help please

more_horiz
i wish i had visited this site earlier but anyway...followed just about every piece of advice on removing this god awful virus..from every site possible, have run malwarebyte programme, spy bot, windows live one care, avg, secunia all since i got this bug.
now the virus seems to have vanished luckily but now i cant use internet explorer from my desktop icon unless i right click and click on browse without add-ons. it just says explorer.exe application not found. and without add-ons i cant view videos or anything. now im not computer literate so can anyone please tell me how to sort this mess out in simple terms..its driving me mad and im so close to throwing my pc out the window!!!

more_horiz
seems like it was just a problem with explorer obviously the virus had completely corrupted it. after trying everything possible i gave up and removed explorer and installed google chrome as my new browser...now everything is working perfectly! Hooray!

more_horiz
Ok let me see if I can help out somehow as well. This virus is killing me for a few days now. I did not do what you said here because I am working for some time on it on something important and can not afford to not be able to login so netbook goes only in sleep mode and virus was still in. Every time it tried to run I just killed av.exe.

I had Antivir running and did not detect it until today, when it was trying to start (av.exe) it asked me to block it and I did but then I did the mistake... I told Antivir to delete it instead of blocking it. Virus did not bother me again when starting a program BUT I could not access .exe files anymore :S.

Then I found this simple program http://www.winhelponline.com/exefix_xp.com and fixed it Big Grin in 1 second. I have still not restarted the computer to know if I have login problems as well but for now little netbook is running fine and without anymore pop-ups.

I hope this can help some of you as well.

PS: in my scans Antivir did not find the virus (unless it was an update done today and probably that is why it only tried to block it today). So ,aybe finally more antivirus systems are trying to battle this. Antivir was not so successfull since it was just blocking it everytime not fixing it and when I chose delete .exe issue happened...

Good luck to us all Smile...
webmafia

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 2 Emptynot a cluee..

more_horiz
i have absoƖute no idea what i am doing at all.. i have tried to follow the steps suggested on here, but nothing seems to work, the pc affected is completely unable to connect to the internet to install any updates for the program, norton internet security has found nothing for me, everytime i try to open IE "internet security" seems to come back.. any help would be appreciated Smile..., thank you in advance

more_horiz
I can't open the task manager. It say "Task manager has been disabled by adminstrator" Any help would appreciated.

more_horiz
Hi everyone. I did what the instruction said about removing it and it has seemed to work..but I want to delete it from my control panel add/remove program any idea what it is called in there?

more_horiz
think i may have an upgraded version internet security
I tried ending the process only these two show under task manager( ISass.exe and winlogon.exe )and it will not let me end them it says "this is a critical system. task manager cannot end this process"
can you please help me get rid of this?

more_horiz

Please read here
Then post in the malware forum here
One of the awesome techs will help you as soon as they can!

............................................................................................

If we have helped you, Please consider helping us,  make a donation.

Helping fight malware. Remove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 2 Sac

more_horiz
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-internet-security-2010

This will work,these type of viruses will not let you download anything and you will not be able to open the task manager.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum